Microblading/feather touch brows, is this normal?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sparkletips

Reaction score
Hi all, just after some professional advice on brows i had done yesterday. I very concerned they don't match!! I only had them done yesterday so i understand that the colour will fade but the shape is freaking me out. Would you normally send a client home looking like this?? I have sent pics to the lady who did it this morning and askes her if rhis is how rhey will be permanently and she said no thats what a touch up is for but im not so sure i wanna go back to her?? Would you be proud of this work??

I can't open the pics x

Sorry it's not working for me. It maybe that I'm on my phone and it will open properly through a different method. Hopefully someone will come along that can help x

Hi did she not show you the new Brow shape before she carried out the treatment and let you see the progress throughout getting them done? X

she only drew on one to show me the difference between how they look naturally to how they will be but I she didn't fill it in to show show me she couloured around the outside if that makes sense? I gave her the ok for the first one and she said she will match the other one after completing the first one and I didn't really know any different. thinking back I should have asked her to show me but I thought the first one looks great and just lay there thinking this pain is wayyyy more than I thought it would be hope shes done soon. I just expected the other to look like the first. I have contacted her and she assures me it can be corrected at the touch up in 2 weeks if I put heaps of bepanthen on the tail of the one I don't like and pull off the scab and the ink will come out??? I'm a little worried about scarring if I do that? They should be even from the start right??

Absolutely, she Should've mapped out your brows first...both of them! You should've had no surprise whatsoever as to how your brows should've bn looking. Did she go through colour matching ect? How was your consultation? Most brows can be corrected but I'd be very wary of her correcting them if she didn't do them correctly to start with :/ x

View media item 64207as far as colour matching goes she gave me 3 colours to choose from that she thought would be best for my skin tone and hair colour and asked me to choose which I liked. I picked the one in the middle and she said that's the one he would of suggested. as far as consultation goes she asked me what I wanted and I said natural looking feather touch brows that are even as mine were far from it and I struggle to draw them on and fill them in evenly. she said she would correct the shape to make me look a lot more youthful. I was a little unsure about the shape of the firstone that she drew but I said your the professional so I trust you if that's where they should be. I gave her the ok for the first one but I never saw the other side before she did it. I did see the first on done and said wow that's more dramatic than what I expected and she said when It fades I will love it. :(:(
I did tell her after she finished both that they weren't even and she spent another 20 mins trying to fix it and then said ok your done. I told her I still thought they didn't match but by then there were 2 more clients in the waiting room so she sorta ushered me out to pay.
wish I could make my pics work so you could see them. how long should it have taken? and should it be very painful? I was totally unprepared for the sound of it aswell

Still can't see the pictures ;( I book out 2 hours and apply emla or ask them to do before hand to ease pain on the consultation when I patch test I fully draw and colour match I even explain the noise as its a bit funky of your squemish at appointment I fully draw brows and colour check again I then digitally check them and once I'm 100% happy with them I show to the client asking her to take at least 5 minutes looking checking she is happy if anything needs altering shape wise now is the time if I need to re draw them over and over I will I explain and make sure they are ready and happy and explain the first swipe through maybe felt depending how long the drawing has taken I then start and use another anesthetic once the skin is broken to ease discomfort I won't book anyone after micro blading unless it's like 3 hours after due to wanting them to feel completely at ease and I take time after for them to relax have water and me apply after care x hope this helps waffled a bit x

It's difficult to comment without a picture then maybe we could see if they could easily be corrected?

Did she go through your health and if you are on any meds with you?
She should have worked on both brows together like you would lashes.. Alarm bells are ringing slightly... Did she not use any aesthetic at all?
Was that the only aftercare you received? I personally wouldn't use bepanthen to heal..
Did she say how long she has done this for?
Xx

Last edited:
oh dear... this does not sound like the sort of treatment I got... the appointment was booked for 1hr. she was working on someone when I arrived so she came out at 11am which was my appointment time to rub some numbing gel on my brows and said she would be back in 10 mins which turned out to be more like 15 or 20. there really wasn't in the way of working together to design the shape:oops:
she drew the first one but she drew around it and told me the space inside was what to look at and I said it looked to harsh so she rubbed it out and filled it in and showed me still only one brow by the way! I said ive never seen my self with brows so dramatic and she said well if you want perfect brows then that's where they should be... I very foolishly trusted her thinking well shes the expert and I can't even draw them on right so what would I know...
after the first one was done she showed me and I was shocked! I did tell her that it was a more severe look than what I was used to but she said that's just coz the colour looks so dark. she said ok now im going to make the other one match and at this point I was possibly in a mild state of shock as I found it very painful, my palms were dripping with sweat, my heart was beating really fast and when she said I was bleeding a little more than some clients I started to feel sick. I was scared of the pain and I was scared I had made a mistake but just wanted it to be done.
after she had finished the other one she showed me and I told her it doesn't match so she spent another 20 mins or so doing more and then she said ok all done. showed me and I said they still don't look even and she said they are coz I measured them. you just need botox so the other brow stays where it should be!!! I was like um no I can't have botox and then she laughed so don't know if that was meant to be a joke??
I was out again at 12:30 ish and there were 2 other girls in the waiting room. she said she does about 7 clients a day so I thought she knew what she was doing and I couldn't find any bad reviews about her. in fact all I could find were amazing pics and people raving about how fab their new brows were so I thought I had done my research. all her facebook pics looked amazing and so did her instagram. it has sooooo many girls posting selfies with their new brows thanking her soooo much for her great work. if she does that many theres bound to be one that goes wrong isn't there so I guess that was me:(:(:(

oh she did give me a consult sheet to fill out which asked about meds and if I used glycolic products or use roacutane etc
I said no meds but I use glycolic products and she said just keep it well away from your brows or else they will only last about a year xx

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1447300046.498330.jpg
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1447300107.959532.jpg

*posted for sparkletips as she couldn't upload them not my work just helping upload pictures **

I don't offer permanent make up but I do do brows.
To answer your question, I wouldn't send someone home like that. They're clearly uneven and they are very heavy. The left one - as you look at them - starts further out than the right one and they are different shapes. To suggest you need botox to make them even is ridiculous. I'm concerned about the suggestion of picking a bit of it off as it scabs if you don't like them.

I hope a brow tattoo expert will give you some advice. I don't know if I would want to go back to her if she thinks this is okay.

I really hope you get it sorted.

Vic x

Hi sparkle tips

I do spmu (machine method). Read through all of your comments and there are a few alarm bells ringing for me however to re assure you the brows will probably fade a significant amount over the coming week so try not to worry too much. I personally think they are a touch on the heavy side but I think if the dip on the top of your left brow was built up they would look more symmetrical. I think you need to wait out the healing period and then re asses as there is nothing that can be done before then anyway.

Hope you get then sorted xxx

Thank you for your responses ladies
she still maintains that the touch will correct everything but I just can't see how without making them thicker giving a severe angry look all the time. I was starting to think after talking to the lady that did them that I was over reacting but if everybody here can see somethings wrong then I don't think I am. She not very sympathetic to the fact I went to her to redesign me some symmetrical brows as my natural brows are very eneven and I can't seem to get the hang of drawing them myself. the idea was to be wearing less makeup not more. so to have to now draw them on every day im back to square one and $400 out of pocket. I actually suspecting she might say that I have to pay more as some people need more than one touch up!
This was a bday gift from my fiancé so to have to spend more to fix it is not an option at the moment.

Thank you all for your advice and listening to me vent xx

Latest posts

Back