Microblading/feather touch brows, is this normal?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You poor thing, they look really heavy and un-natural for micro-blading. They actually look like a powdered machine brow. Neither of the brows are shapes that I would choose. I would be asking for a refund so you can spend your money on correction. I definitely wouldn't have a retouch on those. Hopefully because it is only 1 session it should fade quite a lot. Don't pull the scabs because she looks to have done it pretty deep and you may scar. I would exfoliate them with salt & water.
Xx

You poor thing, they look really heavy and un-natural for micro-blading. They actually look like a powdered machine brow. Neither of the brows are shapes that I would choose. I would be asking for a refund so you can spend your money on correction. I definitely wouldn't have a retouch on those. Hopefully because it is only 1 session it should fade quite a lot. Don't pull the scabs because she looks to have done it pretty deep and you may scar. I would exfoliate them with salt & water.
Xx

thanks hun, it's certainly not the natural feather touch I was asking for. does salt and water help it heal or help remove some colour?
she not open to a refund at all as she says that they are not done till after touchup:(

thanks hun, it's certainly not the natural feather touch I was asking for. does salt and water help it heal or help remove some colour?
she not open to a refund at all as she says that they are not done till after touchup:(
It will draw out the pigment, I honestly wouldn't have a touch up it will just be harder to remove, to make them complement your face she would have to change both shapes and they are gonna end up a thick mess and I wouldn't put a heavy brow on you anyway xx

It will draw out the pigment, I honestly wouldn't have a touch up it will just be harder to remove, to make them complement your face she would have to change both shapes and they are gonna end up a thick mess and I wouldn't put a heavy brow on you anyway xx

ok thank you im going to try that now... hope it takes away some of the harshness. thick mess is exactly what I was worried about xx

Posted for sparkle tip not my work **
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1447660473.496200.jpg
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1447660490.953856.jpg
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1447660505.179640.jpg

They actually look a lot better now, the way the colour is showing through your skin looks as if they were done too deep though just from the tone it's throwing out and how it's spread out. I'd probably go for a new procedure with someone else make sure you get a recommendation- but leave them about 6 months for the colour to fade a little more- will also give you chance to save up as unfortunate as it is you have not completed your treatment with the technician by not going for top up so not sure you would get a refund. I would have done a correction for you for my portfolio if you were nearer to me as I feel really sorry that you have spent your money and you have been left with these results

Thank you pinknsparkly xx
unfortunately it seems most people agree although it is a botched job but if I don't have a top up then the treatment is not complete therefore i'm not entitled to a refund. If it was maybe too deep that would explain why it hurt soooo much. I hope that doesn't mean it would take longer to fade? I also have just been made aware by another geek that this treatment is not suited to someone with oily skin. this was one of the reasons I had it done as I have very oily skin so keeping makeup on is a nightmare. I did tell her that before the treatment. After seeing all her other work the people who have seen me on person tend to be of the opinion that she normally does great work but you can't get everyone right and I was the one in a million she got wrong? She says she does 7 a day and shes booked out weeks in advance?

I'm sorry but after seeing your pics now there's no way she's doing 7 a day of perfect brows and just happened to have an off day!! I cringed when I saw your pic (sorry) they are completely uneven :( this is what really worries me about all these new Microblading courses popping up everywhere... I get clients in a lot asking if I can fix previous semi permanent brows and it makes me really annoyed! ! I hope u manage to get them sorted, atleast they have faded a bit now x

Misty Eyebrow Artist Crew - I know... your right.... she messed them the f*** up:(:(
today is 8days since I had them done and she messaged me to ask how they were. I told her I can't see the strokes and it looks like powder style brows on the tail. She said they are all healed and I can come back for the touch up now!!! after 8days!! I asked her again if they can be evened out and this time she said I will have to see them to be able to answer...
Bad tattoo is one thing but bad tattoo on the face is quite another

I think my best option is to start saving and hope they fade a lot soon. Im very hesitant to let anybody fix them now as I trusted her based on her previous work but that's not always the best way to judge I guess.
Sorry to have sounded like the whinging victim for a week just needed to have a sook xx

Oh gosh please don't let her do anything to them until atleast 4 weeks :( they're not healed yet!! How long did u say she's been doing these? Who trained her? Sorry if you've already said...

Me too I want to know where she trained too, poor you!!! I know how you feel I've had bad experience in the past 5 years ago my eyebrows were done by a machine, and was so awful mine didn't fade as much as yours your lucky, I had to get them removed twice and it hurt so much was traumatising! Got them done some where else so much happier X

Misty Eyebrow Artist Crew - I know... your right.... she messed them the f*** up:(:(
today is 8days since I had them done and she messaged me to ask how they were. I told her I can't see the strokes and it looks like powder style brows on the tail. She said they are all healed and I can come back for the touch up now!!! after 8days!! I asked her again if they can be evened out and this time she said I will have to see them to be able to answer...
Bad tattoo is one thing but bad tattoo on the face is quite another

I think my best option is to start saving and hope they fade a lot soon. Im very hesitant to let anybody fix them now as I trusted her based on her previous work but that's not always the best way to judge I guess.
Sorry to have sounded like the whinging victim for a week just needed to have a sook xx

Did the salt and water help? I think you are going to have to get them corrected, I can see it has been implanted too deep that's why the hair strokes have migrated and blurred into block, I also thing the colour is wrong for you it is hueing blue. Xx

Please remember the pigment is finding its home at the mo so we can't see what they will look like until 4 weeks has passed and when the pigment has settled in the epidermis..
At present they are looking translucent as the new skin is healing over the top of them
I truly wouldn't go back especially as she has said 8 days is enough for you to have them topped up
On oily skin this treatment can be done but I would advise for you to dry heal and use no aftercare ointments etc.. And on oily skin the results can vary quite a lot..
You skin may reject more pigment if its especially oily but until 4-6weeks have passed we can't say what they will look like xxx

Please help - I have an iPhone was trying to organise photos stupidly and I've lost all my Microblading training videos and photos all my set up photos I took videos and training photos I took not too mention all my customer photos I thought they were in a folder they were safe I haven't backed up and iCloud was full ages ago my own fault really what I'm asking is anyone who has trained with elite Microblading can help me out that would be amazing I'm so upset with myself right now ;(

Me too I want to know where she trained too, poor you!!! I know how you feel I've had bad experience in the past 5 years ago my eyebrows were done by a machine, and was so awful mine didn't fade as much as yours your lucky, I had to get them removed twice and it hurt so much was traumatising! Got them done some where else so much happier X

wow really!! I have looked at removal but it sounds soooo painful and if I struggled have them microbladed I don't know how I would go with the removal process. Although it's nice to hear that i'm not the only one who's been through this im sorry that it happened to you too xx

Did the salt and water help? I think you are going to have to get them corrected, I can see it has been implanted too deep that's why the hair strokes have migrated and blurred into block, I also thing the colour is wrong for you it is hueing blue. Xx
I didn't really notice that the salt helped much? should I actual see dye being drawn out? i'm a bit worried about the depth a before you mentioned the depth I could already see that one of the tails looks like its going to scar? I did wonder if that's normal? if its deeper than it perhaps should be would they take longer to fade due to more layers of skin needing to shed?
Thank you for your help and suggestions they are much appreciated xx

You wouldn't actually see the colour coming out with th salt it's more kind of to help a gradual fade... If the pigment is implanted too deep it just means it spreads out
and looks blotchy as it has been implanted in the 3rd layer of skin so has been absorbed by white blood cells I have to be honest am not entirely sure of fading of deeply implanted pigment if it takes longer as I haven't done this myself all my clients have had the pigment implanted at correct depth and have only been doing spmu a year so maybe someone else can answer that. I have recently got a product called rejuvi that can be needled into the pigment and claims to remove in 3 sessions, I have yet to try this though as have read controversial online reviews so maybe someone else can shed some light? I was thinking of using it on my own brows to test as I would like to change my shape.

You wouldn't actually see the colour coming out with th salt it's more kind of to help a gradual fade... If the pigment is implanted too deep it just means it spreads out
and looks blotchy as it has been implanted in the 3rd layer of skin so has been absorbed by white blood cells I have to be honest am not entirely sure of fading of deeply implanted pigment if it takes longer as I haven't done this myself all my clients have had the pigment implanted at correct depth and have only been doing spmu a year so maybe someone else can answer that. I have recently got a product called rejuvi that can be needled into the pigment and claims to remove in 3 sessions, I have yet to try this though as have read controversial online reviews so maybe someone else can shed some light? I was thinking of using it on my own brows to test as I would like to change my shape.

ok so maybe its worth a try to keep using the salt scrub for a bit and see how it goes. I'm sure it can't make them worse haha
I haven't come across that product I was having a little look at laser removal but it is quite painful so im told. I would be interested to hear how you go with that if you do try it in your brows? at this point i'm open to all options, I just landed my self a job as a nail tech and am nervous about clients staring at me while I work now. This was meant to boost my confidence not steal what little I had. When they have healed a little more I thought I might try some glycolic peels and maybe some retin a cream and see if it helps?

ok so maybe its worth a try to keep using the salt scrub for a bit and see how it goes. I'm sure it can't make them worse haha
I haven't come across that product I was having a little look at laser removal but it is quite painful so im told. I would be interested to hear how you go with that if you do try it in your brows? at this point i'm open to all options, I just landed my self a job as a nail tech and am nervous about clients staring at me while I work now. This was meant to boost my confidence not steal what little I had. When they have healed a little more I thought I might try some glycolic peels and maybe some retin a cream and see if it helps?

The salt scrub will only work on open skin it draws the pigment out to fade you wouldn't see it instantly, once healed you should find a semi permanent technician who specializes in correction. A good safe technique is tattooing back into the brow with a mix of salt and saline solution. Rejuvi can be effective but it is controversial, risky and almost uninsurable because the risk of scarring is quite high.
Xx

How are your brows doing ? What did you do x

Latest posts

Back