Microblading from home?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kate Lee

Reaction score
Hello, question to ladies who run their own microblading business from home. I'm setting up my own treatment room in my house and I need some advice and info please. Do you have any problems getting clients? I'm worried that potential clients might get put off as it's in my house. Also do you charge less than salons?
Thanks
Kate

I'd be more concerned about licensing :) Have you spoken with the council?

I'd be more concerned about licensing :) Have you spoken with the council?
Yes, I spoken to the council and set up my room in accordance with the guidelines

Yes, I spoken to the council and set up my room in accordance with the guidelines
Awesome :) Good job. I'll shut up now ha.
Don't charge less than salons in my book :)

Hello, question to ladies who run their own microblading business from home. I'm setting up my own treatment room in my house and I need some advice and info please. Do you have any problems getting clients? I'm worried that potential clients might get put off as it's in my house. Also do you charge less than salons?
Thanks
Kate
Anybody able to help with that please?

Thanks
Kate
Hi there,

I run my business from home, microblading and other brow treatments. I do not have a problem getting clients. I trained in microblading about 3 years ago when it wasn't so popular so it may depend on how much competition you have around you.

I have a website which states that my treatment room is based at home and has been checked and licensed by my local council - I then provide a link to the council website as proof before they actually book in. I also provide information on the level of qualifications I have, who I trained with and a photo of my set up. As long as you keep it really professional you shouldn't have any issues. If you're solely microblading I would keep it quite clinical looking.

Because of who I trained with my prices are higher than the average salon and I still don't have issues with gaining clients. I definitely wouldn't sell yourself short as you will regret it in the long run and attract the wrong type of clientele (in my experience in the early days). A lot of people nowadays see cheap prices as a cheap treatment.

Good luck!

Hi there,

I run my business from home, microblading and other brow treatments. I do not have a problem getting clients. I trained in microblading about 3 years ago when it wasn't so popular so it may depend on how much competition you have around you.

I have a website which states that my treatment room is based at home and has been checked and licensed by my local council - I then provide a link to the council website as proof before they actually book in. I also provide information on the level of qualifications I have, who I trained with and a photo of my set up. As long as you keep it really professional you shouldn't have any issues. If you're solely microblading I would keep it quite clinical looking.

Because of who I trained with my prices are higher than the average salon and I still don't have issues with gaining clients. I definitely wouldn't sell yourself short as you will regret it in the long run and attract the wrong type of clientele (in my experience in the early days). A lot of people nowadays see cheap prices as a cheap treatment.

Good luck!
Thank you so much! May I ask who you trained with please? I will be training with AK Microblading Academy

Thank you so much! May I ask who you trained with please? I will be training with AK Microblading Academy
I was trained by Karen Betts at Nouveau (KB Pro).

I've not heard of AK training academy - just make sure it's accredited and if possible is level 4 as regulations should be changing soon and some insurance companies won't insure without a level 4.

Hope you enjoy it x

I was trained by Karen Betts at Nouveau (KB Pro).

I've not heard of AK training academy - just make sure it's accredited and if possible is level 4 as regulations should be changing soon and some insurance companies won't insure without a level 4.

Hope you enjoy it x
Hey When did you do your training with Karen Betts? I am looking into doing this and was wondering how you found the course? Also if anyone has trained with The clinical academy in Portsmouth I would like to hear more. :)

Hey When did you do your training with Karen Betts? I am looking into doing this and was wondering how you found the course? Also if anyone has trained with The clinical academy in Portsmouth I would like to hear more. :)
Sorry for the delayed reply.
I completed training with her March 2017. I found the course great, hard work but really informative [emoji106]

I think the course in Portsmouth is only 2 days. This is not nearly enough. VTCT states on their info that the course should have approx. 165 guided learning hours (that does not include self study). I have not yet come across a VTCT microblading course that offers this but you will not have enough tuition in such a short time span. Choose carefully as some insurance companies/councils are getting more selective.

Latest posts

Back