Microblading from home

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Amyashton

Reaction score
I am looking for some advice, I am due to start my microblading course next week. I understand I need licences from the council, I am just a bit confused as to weather you (although ideal) NEED a separate room that is only used for beauty treatments or if I would be able to carry the procedure out in my front room until the summer house is complete? I have read through what the council sent me and it says ‘cleanable flooring’ I have carpet in the front room so not sure if this comes under ‘cleanable flooring’ ?
Any advice welcome!

I am looking for some advice, I am due to start my microblading course next week. I understand I need licences from the council, I am just a bit confused as to weather you (although ideal) NEED a separate room that is only used for beauty treatments or if I would be able to carry the procedure out in my front room until the summer house is complete? I have read through what the council sent me and it says ‘cleanable flooring’ I have carpet in the front room so not sure if this comes under ‘cleanable flooring’ ?
Any advice welcome!

I guess all councils are different but I know mine requires a floor that can be scrubbed clean for hygiene reasons.

Worth giving them a call and asking them before you pay out the license fees.

Any advice welcome!
Hello Amy,
If you don’t mind me asking how did you get on with your Microblading and did you do it in your living room prior to getting your summerhouse completed?
Thanks Jackie

Hello Amy,
If you don’t mind me asking how did you get on with your Microblading and did you do it in your living room prior to getting your summerhouse completed?
Thanks Jackie

Hi, if you click on Amy's user name you can see the last time the member logged on, sadly Amy hasn't been on since March 2018. Hopefully one of the other Geeks can help

Hi, if you click on Amy's user name you can see the last time the member logged on, sadly Amy hasn't been on since March 2018. Hopefully one of the other Geeks can help
Many thanks 😊

Licensing for 'Special Treatments' like microblading varies according to which local authority your salon or workspace falls under but the requirements for infection control are very similar throughout the UK. Carpet or any absorbent flooring is not classed as 'cleanable' as; realistically, you would not be able to properly disinfect it between clients. Hard, washable flooring, without gaps is preferred. Your microblading tutor will be able to give you a full list of the licensing requirements and help you organise a workspace that is easy to maintain. PHE also publish a useful guide to special treatments.
Basically, you need to reduce clutter, only keep essential items that you will use in the treatment within your workspace and wrap (with clingfilm) anything that has gaps or crevices where germs can hide like lamps, stools etc. Surfaces should be able to be wiped down with bleach, Nemesis or some other anti-viral disinfectant. Anything that you touch with your gloves on must be disinfected between clients. Most councils also insist on a sink with running water. Hope this helps.

Licensing for 'Special Treatments' like microblading varies according to which local authority your salon or workspace falls under but the requirements for infection control are very similar throughout the UK. Carpet or any absorbent flooring is not classed as 'cleanable' as; realistically, you would not be able to properly disinfect it between clients. Hard, washable flooring, without gaps is preferred. Your microblading tutor will be able to give you a full list of the licensing requirements and help you organise a workspace that is easy to maintain. PHE also publish a useful guide to special treatments.
Basically, you need to reduce clutter, only keep essential items that you will use in the treatment within your workspace and wrap (with clingfilm) anything that has gaps or crevices where germs can hide like lamps, stools etc. Surfaces should be able to be wiped down with bleach, Nemesis or some other anti-viral disinfectant. Anything that you touch with your gloves on must be disinfected between clients. Most councils also insist on a sink with running water. Hope this helps.
Thank you for your feedback xx

Hello,
I am new to microblading and due to perform on my caseload models...
I would appreciate if anyone could recommend an aftercare ointment to use after microblading?
I have been told to use benpanthen however read on other reviews not to use that as it’s too oily.
I would appreciate some feedback please.
Many thanks Jackie

Well I actually used to use a pvc sheeting over my carpet for waxing before I got my own room.

Microblading is higher blood risk than wax though so best give them a call. If it’s temporary might be ok but I’d be more wary of having clients in your living areas now more than usual. People touch anything they can get their hands on. I’ve left the room for a second and had digging around in drawers, touching things on the wall...deciding to have a tour of my bedroom..! :rolleyes:

If they ok the pvc floor or even a big vinyl sheet not attached to the floor you will want to disinfect everything including your sofas and tv and decor if you leave the room even for a minute as you just don’t know what they are touching.

But it doesn’t cost much for a vinyl floor mine was about £300 for my room, so I’d personally rip up the carpet and redo it so it can be mopped, even if just the rectangular area the couch is on.

Latest posts

Back