Microblading help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kerri Adams

Reaction score
Back in june i paid 150 (in 4 weekly amounts as I'm pretty poor alone with 4 children) to have my eyebrows microbladed. I knew of her working doing microblading on the side of her job as manageress of the local tanning shop. I had seen some of her microblading on the girl who does my lashes and I got her number. I asked if I could pay her 4 weekly amounts straight onto her bank and once I was paid up - book in. She was happy to do this. Appointment made, no show. She said how sorry she was and said if id still habe it done with her, She would give me half of my money back. Another appointment made no show, no response. When I did hear from her she apologised and said she would microblade my eyebrows and give me ALL of my money back.

Eventually she came and did my eyebrows, brilliant! Looked amazing! No refund given, she took my bank details to put 150 into my bank. Brows Faded to almost nothing which expected. For the next appointment she stood me up and ignores me umpteen times. I in no way pressured her or bothered her - I needed my brows finished! Eventually she came and did a top up, VERY quickly with very little measuring. No refund but again I didn't ask for that, she had offered, again she was on her way straight to the bank to put the money into my account... You can see where this is going now lol.

This time my eyebrows healed and were odd and nowhere near Finished, twice I sent her pics saying I think I'm definitely going to need the 3rd or even 4th appointment that she had told me may be needed in rare cases. She did get back to me after a couple of weeks. She said they definitely need more work and she made an appointment to come do them last Saturday at 3pm. No show, no response. I went into Chelmsford to her place of work on the Sunday morning to see if she was there, she wasn't but the girl noted my mobile number to tell her I was trying to get hold of her ( I did not say why) Monday morning she contacted me and arranged 3pm on Wednesday. Great. I messaged on Wednesday to make sure she was coming as I had to arrange for the children to be picked up from school and taken care of. Yes she said. Then a message saying could she do it the following day at 5pm as she'd booked another client after me and wanted to give me plenty of time. I did say not really but not a lot I could do so she was coming 5pm Thursday. Thursday morning I messaged her to check, yes she is coming but at 6pm now. She never showed and has now blocked me.

What do I do? It's a lot of money to me, and it's wasted! I've got terrible unfinished odd eyebrows :'( I have every message, I have been really really nice about it, for all I know bad things may have happened which stopped her from keeping appointments or contacting. I cannot afford to get my eyebrows fixed by someone else. I'm just devastated. I don't know what to do here. Advice greatly appreciated xxx

Can anyone advise if there is anything that I can do? X

Hi! I'm not really sure, is she properly certified and licenced to be doing microblading? Did you sign any forms about paying it up, the process and top ups?

I don't have any advice for you I just wanted to say how shocked I am!! This is terrible, I'm not sure legally where you stand but maybe someone else can offer advice, I hope you get somewhere with it, what an awful lady!

No paperwork signed, even when I had the patch test. I have every text message and Facebook message and obviously proof of payment.
I just cannot believe someone could be so cruel. I have odd unfinished eyebrows and no way of fixing the situation. She seems such a nice girl :( Sad thing is, as she is manager at xxxxxxxx, she is getting her microblading clients from there. She did not want the owner to know that she had trained in microblading and was doing it on the side with a view to building a strong enough client base to present her idea of also microblading in the tanning shop, which sounds good, but if this is what she is doing to people she is also going to have a detrimental effect on his business too :/

[identification removed]

Last edited by a moderator:
Start by reporting her to Trading Standards and then speak to the Salon Manager asking if she has her address as you need it to report her to TS, otherwise you'll have to use the salon address.
She's not given you a complete service, blocked you from contacting her and taken your money so effectively, she's a scam artist.
I have no time for unprofessional therapists in this business.

Thank you so much for your help
I'll message a final time and if still no response then I shall follow your suggestion. I truly appreciate your time.

It may be worth raising a small claims claim with MCOL but you would need to provide documentary evidence eg pictures of the shoddy work, a quote for any remedial work required, dates/times of missed appointments. Its in no way guaranteed that you will win but they do seem to be more sympathetic to consumers than businesses.

https://www.moneyclaim.gov.uk/web/mcol/welcome

I contacted citizens advice line, they notified trading standards and gave me a template letter regarding the law and outcome for me to fill in my own details and issues. That was sent by recorded delivery and she received the letter Thursday morning. The letter basically outlines the problems, repeatedly standing me up, failure to maintain or return contact, failure to complete the work etc.. I have requested that my eyebrows are either finished by herself or someone skilled qualified and insured at her cost or money back so that I may start to get my eyebrows rectified somewhere else.
I'm sad it has come to this. Hopefully I will have a response within the 14 days and won't have to take this further. :/

I contacted citizens advice line, they notified trading standards and gave me a template letter regarding the law and outcome for me to fill in my own details and issues. That was sent by recorded delivery and she received the letter Thursday morning. The letter basically outlines the problems, repeatedly standing me up, failure to maintain or return contact, failure to complete the work etc.. I have requested that my eyebrows are either finished by herself or someone skilled qualified and insured at her cost or money back so that I may start to get my eyebrows rectified somewhere else.
I'm sad it has come to this. Hopefully I will have a response within the 14 days and won't have to take this further. :/
Curious... how did everything turn out?

Latest posts

Back