Microblading licence help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robynx

Reaction score
Hi Geekers,

Today was my last day training at microblading and have emailed my local council to enquire about getting a license for this treatment but I have had a response to say they do no do this. Eh?!
Has this happened to anyone else? I understand that I need the license to get insurance so does this mean I won't be able to perform this treatment?

I'm so confused :(

It's called a 'Special Treatments Licence' and is the same for piercing and tattooing. Requirements and enforcement vary from area to area but it's administered by Local Authorities under the Local Government Act 1982. If they don't know what microblading is, the official title is 'Semi-Permanent Skin Colouring' and it's usually the Environmental Health Dept that take care of it.
Getting a licence is pretty straightforward, their main concern is that you are working safely, keeping proper records and know what you are doing when it comes to infection control. Your trainer should be able to guide you in preparing your premises and obtaining a licence but the Health Protection Agency produced a useful guide and audit checklist to help you to comply with the regulations.

Latest posts

Back