Microblading numbing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LucyVB

Reaction score
Hi what numbing creams do people apply to their clients for microblading please? And do you do it pre treatment or during. I have heard of various different methods with some applying only during but I have read that numbing cream should never be applied to open skin? Some advice please

Hi if your looking for Tag#45 , Dr Numb, TKTX etc numbing cream we're a UK based supplier with a price guarantee.

I use a mixture of lidocaine gel (which is my secondary numbing agent) and a lidocaine cream (ebanel, numbmaster etc)... I prick the skin before procedure and if using machine I lightly graze it. I numb for about 20 to 25 minutes before beginning procedure and it's always pain free for my first pass and fill in. The gel I will follow up with and numb for about 7 minutes before further work. I apply gel on top of pigment mask and cover for this period.

The only legal numbing creams are Emla and Ametop. They work differently. Ones an ester and the other an amide. You get more reactions with Ametop because it breaks down to PABA which in some people causes allergic reactions. Creams are ONLY applied pre treatment for minimum of 1 hours maximum of 5. You should not apply them during as the creams themselves will irritate the open wound and may cause inflammation and reaction. So you have to be quick after you remove them. They are both category P = Pharmacy. Which means the client can obtain them from the pharmacy and apply them under an occlusive dressing prior to coming. If they don't use an occlusive dressing then they won't work because it will just evaporate from the skin and dry up. Check your local licensing as well, because some local authorities have banned the use by beauty therapists. However the client is free to obtain and apply themselves.

Hope this helps.

Nick x

Latest posts

Back