Microblading rent a room?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blossom

Reaction score
Please stop me if I’m barking up the wrong tree here lol
I’ve had requests from clients for Microblading to the point where I’ve been looking at a couple of courses. However i work from home doing nails and other beauty so don’t think I’d be allowed due to health and safety to offer Microblading from there

But

Is it possible or does anyone offer Microblading from a room at a hair or beauty salon on a one or two day a week basis, paying rent for the room and picking up clients from there (I could presumably service my own clients there too)

Can anyone see any immediate problems with this type of arrangement. I don’t want to train for nothing obv! But there’s nobody for miles offering it near me and it’s a good opportunity if I can think of the logistics!

Thank you xx

The best thing is to call the council and ask if you can provide microblading from home as long as you fulfil health and safety requirements. It will fall under tattooing and electrolysis. They will give you advice on what to do about getting a licence. The same applies to working in a salon - the room will need to be cleared for microblading by the local council. Health and safety for microblading can be very strict including PPE, sharps disposal, barrier filming trolleys and lights etc, etc. I have just completed a level 4 microblading course and insurance companies are getting much more picky about where you did the course and who trained you. Please do not do a 2 day course as they are inadequate.

Thank you that’s good advice. I’ll look into that and find out the requirements for my area before I go any further.

The courses I’ve been researching are Karen Betts KBPro which are 7-11 days training plus home study theory first, that would be level 4. Where did you do your training and how did you find it?

The KB course should be great. I did mine at my local college - 14 weeks evening course. Unfortunately they are turning it into a 4 day course plus one day of assessment. However you still have to do 4 assessments and 10 case studies for VTCT. The issue I have is that healed work is where you can see mistakes and/or need to do corrections due to pigment colour and retention about 6-8 weeks after initial treatment. This is where you need guidance in order to get it right so it is essential that ongoing support is included. VTCT recommend 165 hrs total contact teaching time for microblading but I do not think I have ever seen any VTCT course offer this.

That sounds good, I wonder why they’re shortening it?! The KB course offers ongoing lifetime support thank goodness! So how did you get your case studies? Or were they people you worked on on the course? Im a bit concerned because I know someone who did a course and had now ditched it due to not being able to find anybody willing to let her work on them without seeing a portfolio of her work.

I asked the college for support with case studies as it was initially included with the course although I did find a few of my own. It can be difficult as potential clients do want to see previous work. This is another reason to do a course with a long term support as they maybe able to help source them for you.

Thanks. Were you allowed to take photos of the work you did on your models during your training and use them? Sorry for all the questions!

No problem. Yes, as it is needed for the case study documentation. It is advisable anyway so that the shape is agreed upon and recorded before the start of treatment and in case of insurance issues. I also asked clients for permission if I could post on social media as well.

Good afternoon girls,
I am trying to open my studio at my home, how can I get the regulations or what is required For me to be licensed? At my home? I live in NJ !
I am very lost on the subject. I am finishing Microblading and permanent makeup training and need to open my office at home. Can you help me find the answers?

Good afternoon girls,
I am trying to open my studio at my home, how can I get the regulations or what is required For me to be licensed? At my home? I live in NJ !
I am very lost on the subject. I am finishing Microblading and permanent makeup training and need to open my office at home. Can you help me find the answers?

The best people to ask would be your state licensing board or the company you trained with/insurance company. We are in the UK so our regulations & laws will be totally different to yours xx

Latest posts

Back