Microblading & SPMU training

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jevvy91

Reaction score
I really want to train up in microblading & semi permanent makeup.

The nouveau beauty group (aka KB Pro) seem to be one of the best, but they do seem a lot more expensive than some other brands.

I guess I wanted to hear some experiences of people who have trained with them to see if the cost is worth while or not?

Or suggestions of other really good companies to train with please.

Thanks in advance xx

Hi that's great this is the most popular treatment and service at the moment! What is your background are you new to the beauty industry or experienced?

Hi that's great this is the most popular treatment and service at the moment! What is your background are you new to the beauty industry or experienced?

I am already qualified in beauty + additional qualifications. Been doing beauty for 12 years. I own my own salon x

I really want to train up in microblading & semi permanent makeup.

The nouveau beauty group (aka KB Pro) seem to be one of the best, but they do seem a lot more expensive than some other brands.

I guess I wanted to hear some experiences of people who have trained with them to see if the cost is worth while or not?

Or suggestions of other really good companies to train with please.

Thanks in advance xx

I have recently trained in Microblading with LAB Academy in Stockton-on-Tees (Up North). Bear with me I will eventually get on to the Microblading!

The owner and Lead Tutor is Lisa Allison, she was my college lecturer when I did my level 3 in Beauty a few years ago. Lisa is a fantastic tutor, at college the whole group was disappointed and had lost interest in the course as the lecturer wasn’t great and we felt let down by the college. Then one morning in walked Lisa!

She was enthusiastic about the industry and had extensive knowledge in all sectors. She brought life back in to the group and what a relief it was! I was always a nervous learner, I was always reluctant to get stuck in and do the practical side and would always hang back and watch others in the group before I would take part. Lisa changed that within a week, she was able to identify my weaknesses and adopt a different approach with me which helped build my confidence to the point where I was volunteering to get stuck in.

When I heard that Lisa had started her own training academy I had to get booked in for training! I have completed Microblading, Dermaplaning, Henna Brows, Lash Lift & Tint, Individual Eyelash Extensions and retrained in Waxing (not previously trained by Lisa in Waxing).

The courses are affordable compared to most academies, the premises is a lovely building, the equipment and products are good quality, Lisa is still as enthusiastic about the industry, the standards are lot higher than the other academy where I’ve previously trained (actually found out that the trainer from the other academy didn’t even have her level 3 or any teaching qualification and had been trained in house for the course I attended), I can go on and on, she is just fab!

Microblading! Lisa’s Course is a 2 day course and it’s accredited by ABT and fully insurable. When I was initially looking at courses I was thinking of training with Phibrows or Nouveau as they have fantastic reputations, but then an ex colleague told me about Lisa and that she was offering the training. Her price was £xxx and includes a full kit, I thought to myself that there has got to be a catch! I reached out to Lisa and she invited me in for a tour and a chat.

Lisa took the time to go through the training course manual with me and I had flashbacks to my level 3 training with her and I knew I had to train with her! Even after our little meeting she text me to say that there would be no hard feelings if I decided to go and train elsewhere!

Day 1, wow, there was a lot to take in! It had been a while since I had done Anatomy & Physiology! But, Lisa being Lisa worked her magic! So lots of theory, practicing and familiarisation.

Day 2, some more practice and then practical assessment, model 1, model 2, model 3.

I was very nervous with model 1! I had a little wobble, Lisa calmed me down and reiterated each step with clear instructions. It seemed like I was doing her brows for a life time, when I finished I was so emotional with the models reaction to her new brows, she loved them! Model 2, the nerves had subsided, not as much instruction coming from Lisa but I could feel her observant eyes following every single stroke that I made. The model was happy with her brows and I was improving on the treatment time. Model 3, nerves had gone, Lisa’s instructions had turned to compliments and praise, model was very pleased with her brows and I felt great!

The experience was like no other, it was a challenging 2 days but so worth it! The training didn’t stop there. I then had to complete a further 5 case studies which I completed at my home salon. I would then send evidence of each case study to Lisa and she would comment and give further advice. After completing all case studies I received my ABT accredited Microblading Certificate! It took 3 weeks from start to finish. Lisa has since followed my progress on Insta and is always available on the phone for any further advice.

I have friends who have trained elsewhere, some are very disappointed in the training that they received and felt ripped off. Others have trained with the more prestigious providers and took months to get their qualification (our work is no different - I actually think my correction work is better).

I saw that LAB Academy had slashed their price to £xxx for the training and thought that I’d share my Microblading experience!

I have recently trained in Microblading with LAB Academy in Stockton-on-Tees (Up North). Bear with me I will eventually get on to the Microblading!

The owner and Lead Tutor is Lisa Allison, she was my college lecturer when I did my level 3 in Beauty a few years ago. Lisa is a fantastic tutor, at college the whole group was disappointed and had lost interest in the course as the lecturer wasn’t great and we felt let down by the college. Then one morning in walked Lisa!

She was enthusiastic about the industry and had extensive knowledge in all sectors. She brought life back in to the group and what a relief it was! I was always a nervous learner, I was always reluctant to get stuck in and do the practical side and would always hang back and watch others in the group before I would take part. Lisa changed that within a week, she was able to identify my weaknesses and adopt a different approach with me which helped build my confidence to the point where I was volunteering to get stuck in.

When I heard that Lisa had started her own training academy I had to get booked in for training! I have completed Microblading, Dermaplaning, Henna Brows, Lash Lift & Tint, Individual Eyelash Extensions and retrained in Waxing (not previously trained by Lisa in Waxing).

The courses are affordable compared to most academies, the premises is a lovely building, the equipment and products are good quality, Lisa is still as enthusiastic about the industry, the standards are lot higher than the other academy where I’ve previously trained (actually found out that the trainer from the other academy didn’t even have her level 3 or any teaching qualification and had been trained in house for the course I attended), I can go on and on, she is just fab!

Microblading! Lisa’s Course is a 2 day course and it’s accredited by ABT and fully insurable. When I was initially looking at courses I was thinking of training with Phibrows or Nouveau as they have fantastic reputations, but then an ex colleague told me about Lisa and that she was offering the training. Her price was £xxx and includes a full kit, I thought to myself that there has got to be a catch! I reached out to Lisa and she invited me in for a tour and a chat.

Lisa took the time to go through the training course manual with me and I had flashbacks to my level 3 training with her and I knew I had to train with her! Even after our little meeting she text me to say that there would be no hard feelings if I decided to go and train elsewhere!

Day 1, wow, there was a lot to take in! It had been a while since I had done Anatomy & Physiology! But, Lisa being Lisa worked her magic! So lots of theory, practicing and familiarisation.

Day 2, some more practice and then practical assessment, model 1, model 2, model 3.

I was very nervous with model 1! I had a little wobble, Lisa calmed me down and reiterated each step with clear instructions. It seemed like I was doing her brows for a life time, when I finished I was so emotional with the models reaction to her new brows, she loved them! Model 2, the nerves had subsided, not as much instruction coming from Lisa but I could feel her observant eyes following every single stroke that I made. The model was happy with her brows and I was improving on the treatment time. Model 3, nerves had gone, Lisa’s instructions had turned to compliments and praise, model was very pleased with her brows and I felt great!

The experience was like no other, it was a challenging 2 days but so worth it! The training didn’t stop there. I then had to complete a further 5 case studies which I completed at my home salon. I would then send evidence of each case study to Lisa and she would comment and give further advice. After completing all case studies I received my ABT accredited Microblading Certificate! It took 3 weeks from start to finish. Lisa has since followed my progress on Insta and is always available on the phone for any further advice.

I have friends who have trained elsewhere, some are very disappointed in the training that they received and felt ripped off. Others have trained with the more prestigious providers and took months to get their qualification (our work is no different - I actually think my correction work is better).

I saw that LAB Academy had slashed their price to £xxx for the training and thought that I’d share my Microblading experience!

It’s interesting how three of your most recent posts are coincidentally identical, and recommending the same academy and training. You don’t happen to be associated with them do you? ;)

Hello Noodle,

Associated as I’ve trained with them, yes.

This thread is a therapist asking for advice and experiences with Microblading trainers. I’m simply sharing my experience as my friend spent a lot more money than I did and was totally disappointed with the training received.

One of the threads that I’ve just posted on has recently trained with another provider and she has a simple query regarding ink retention. Surely this should of been covered in the training and even if it was they should be able to offer further advice. The fact that she has had to come on a forum and ask for simple advice highlights the issue.

I’ve worked hard and saved up to attend a training course, been excited on the run up to learn a new skill set, attended the course and received substandard training. Left the course feeling incompetent, frustrated and cheated. The provider didn’t want to know at all. I know I’m not the only one this has happened to and if I can help someone avoid having a similar experience then my job hear is done.

Latest posts

Back