Microblading start up help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grace Burton

Georgie
Reaction score
I’ve just recently qualified in microblading and before I contact the council regarding coming out to inspect my work area (which is at home) I was hoping someone could help me with what I need. Obviously I’m aware of the general kit that I need but I’m unsure of sharps bins etc.

Thanks in advance :) also I’m not sure if this is relevant but I’m based in Northern Ireland

I’ve just recently qualified in microblading and before I contact the council regarding coming out to inspect my work area (which is at home) I was hoping someone could help me with what I need. Obviously I’m aware of the general kit that I need but I’m unsure of sharps bins etc.

Thanks in advance :) also I’m not sure if this is relevant but I’m based in Northern Ireland
Hi Grace,
I’m not sure if things are different in NI but you will need a sharps waste contract. I use direct365. They provide me with the size waste bin I need and collect quarterly, but you can customise the timings to suit you depending on how busy you are. Where I am I don’t need hazardous waste collection for bedroll and all the other waste from the work area but other councils do require this. I think it’s luck of the draw depending where you are.
You will need hot and cold running water in your room in order to get a licence.
The council will also/ possibly ask you about your cleaning down process and to see the products you use and the equipment you use. They may also ask you a few health and safety questions and ask if you have had your HepB jabs.
Good luck with everything x

Thanks so much for your reply! Can you recommend which spirits or products you use for cleaning down?

Thanks so much for your reply! Can you recommend which spirits or products you use for cleaning down?
Sure, I use Chemgene to spray down all areas. You can buy this ready to go or in a big container that you dilute yourself into a spray bottle. It’s important to make sure you dilute correctly to maintain effectiveness.
To wipe down after I’ve sprayed I use MediKills anti viral wipes.
I use barrier film on my lamp and all other surfaces I may touch during procedure and I use disposable plastic couch covers each time.
Hope this helps. 😁

I just wanted to say thank you so much for being so polite in your response. So many times I see on this site folks being condescending to us newer to the biz. I have been afraid to ever ask a question on this forum because of that. So I just wanted to say thank you for being so nice, polite and helpful with your response and renewing my faith ☺️

Hi everyone :) Sorry for intruding on this thread but i'm desperately trying to speak to people who know this business and are will to help out us newbies. I am preparing to start my microblading training to do alongside my current full-time career. I am trying to figure out realistically what type of budget i am looking at, once trained, to get myself going roughly 2 days per week? I know what the kit costs but what am i looking at in terms of cost-per-client etc? General overhead costs?
TYI for your help everyone x

Hi there,
I am happy to help if I can. I guess first of all where will you be doing your treatments, in a salon at home or working from somewhere else. Also what brand will you be using? Who did you do your training with?

Hey! Thanks for the reply. I will be doing my training with KBPro and working from a salon. I intend to use KBPros products.

I did my training with KBPro 😀
Did you want to find me on FB and speak that way rather than annoying everyone in here.
I’m The Arch Rival on FB

I did my training with KBPro 😀
Did you want to find me on FB and speak that way rather than annoying everyone in here.
I’m The Arch Rival on FB

That's great! Thank you :)

Latest posts

Back