Microblading

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SWilkinson

Reaction score
Hi,

how long after you had qualified in eyebrow microblading did you wait before offering the service ??

I qualified in Jan and would like to start in a salon this month, i still need a lot of practise to work on my technique but think i would gain this by being in a salon and offering treatments at a reduced price while starting out ?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated xxx

I am also looking for an answer to this question. I am literally going through all microblading posts, hoping to find answers.

I will soon finish my course. My trainer has recommended pig skin for practice. So my plan is to practice on pig skin religiously for couple of weeks, and making use of my academy's support services. Then offer free microblading services to close friends and families (i've got a line up ready, lol). After seeing the healed results in week 7/8, i will start offering services at discounted price to public and so on. But in all this plan, i am not planning to practice my technique on paying customers. I want to get all the technique jitters out of the way before that. Not saying i want to be perfect as i can't be, but i want to be more than confident in my work and know how to deal with touch ups prior to offering the service.

Once qualified, I tried an introductory offer with a free top up treatment. I was nervous of going too deep and I had to renew a lot of hairstrokes when the client came back in for the top up but at least there were no disasters. In fact, I got some really nice feedback to boost my confidence, some good referrals and many of my first clients are still coming back after 3 years.

that's great that you still have your first clients returning to you, you must do a great job. Everyone must all be in the same boat as i am also nervous of going to deep and have had to redo a few of my first clients as they had faded, am starting to get the hang of it now. Iv'e also been practicing everyday on fake skin menukagurung, and also doing the odd few clients with ok results. I have decided to take the plunge and asked for a room in a local salon so i am going to go in for a trade test next week, hopefully everything works out well.

that's great that you still have your first clients returning to you, you must do a great job. Everyone must all be in the same boat as i am also nervous of going to deep and have had to redo a few of my first clients as they had faded, am starting to get the hang of it now. Iv'e also been practicing everyday on fake skin menukagurung, and also doing the odd few clients with ok results. I have decided to take the plunge and asked for a room in a local salon so i am going to go in for a trade test next week, hopefully everything works out well.

I have done the same. I contacted a local salon for their prices. I am aiming to trade from mid April as i am still practicing. What are you being charged at the salon?

Dermagraph microblading Maybe able to help you with this, they are a training school I have followed for a while and thier blogs are really very helpful x

oh great thanks lashamore ill have a look at that xx

menukagurung the salon that i have been in talks with is wanting to let the room on a percentage basis, which i think is great for starting out, but the average price in my area is around £25 per day from asking around in other salons. How much is the average cost in your area? xx

menukagurung the salon that i have been in talks with is wanting to let the room on a percentage basis, which i think is great for starting out, but the average price in my area is around £25 per day from asking around in other salons. How much is the average cost in your area? xx

Wow, £25 per day is such great value. The one that i went to, hourly is £15, 5 hours £50 or £12*8= 96 for a day! (Don't know how she came up with these numbers. It doesn't make sense as the 5 hours one is cheaper. But there is only the option for the 25% basis.

Latest posts

Back