Microblading

Missjodes

Hi
I've just paid a deposit for a ABT acctedited microblading course.
I contacted my local council and they have said it needs to be VTCT level 4 or NVQ so I wont be able to apply for a special treatment license.
I need this as I'm home based.

Has anyone else come across this?

I recently qualified with KBPro, when I enquired about the course way back they suggested I take the level 4 as well. They said insurers and councils were cracking down on microblading.
I did some more research, phone a few insurance companies to be told it was the case. Babtac said that they would probably stop insuring those without a level 4 towards the end of this year.
Perhaps you can take level 4 along with your microblading course! That way you will be ready to go when you have finished your microblading!
They are really cracking down on microblading, shame they are not doing the same for other areas of the beauty industry!

Missjodes

I recently qualified with KBPro, when I enquired about the course way back they suggested I take the level 4 as well. They said insurers and councils were cracking down on microblading.
I did some more research, phone a few insurance companies to be told it was the case. Babtac said that they would probably stop insuring those without a level 4 towards the end of this year.
Perhaps you can take level 4 along with your microblading course! That way you will be ready to go when you have finished your microblading!
They are really cracking down on microblading, shame they are not doing the same for other areas of the beauty industry!
Thanks so much!

I think I'm going to cut my losses and do the level 4 course and lose my deposit.

Very annoying but I'm so glad i didn't pay for the whole thing, then find this out after!

Thanks for replying x

Thanks so much!

I think I'm going to cut my losses and do the level 4 course and lose my deposit.

Very annoying but I'm so glad i didn't pay for the whole thing, then find this out after!

Thanks for replying x
No problem... seems a shame to lose money. Is there no way you can do your level 4 whilst studying microblading?
Who are you doing your microblading course with?
Xx

Missjodes

I was doing it at a small salon near where I live.
The lady said she has applied to be a VTCT accredited salon but she said it takes a while.
I called VTCT to confirm and they said they couldn't check individual cases but even if she has applied, doesn't mean she will be granted.
I don't want to wait ages so will look to do other courses.

I looked a KB pro but now I'm confused whether to do the full SMPU or just the microblading as i wanted to do the shading and microblading combined.

Jess LVC

You can do your microblading course and then upgrade to level 4 after that is an option too. What are you confused about in terms of the course? I would suggest to always start with microblading and then continue with SPMU