Microblading

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Missjodes

Reaction score
Hi
I've just paid a deposit for a ABT acctedited microblading course.
I contacted my local council and they have said it needs to be VTCT level 4 or NVQ so I wont be able to apply for a special treatment license.
I need this as I'm home based.

Has anyone else come across this?

I recently qualified with KBPro, when I enquired about the course way back they suggested I take the level 4 as well. They said insurers and councils were cracking down on microblading.
I did some more research, phone a few insurance companies to be told it was the case. Babtac said that they would probably stop insuring those without a level 4 towards the end of this year.
Perhaps you can take level 4 along with your microblading course! That way you will be ready to go when you have finished your microblading![emoji16]
They are really cracking down on microblading, shame they are not doing the same for other areas of the beauty industry!

I recently qualified with KBPro, when I enquired about the course way back they suggested I take the level 4 as well. They said insurers and councils were cracking down on microblading.
I did some more research, phone a few insurance companies to be told it was the case. Babtac said that they would probably stop insuring those without a level 4 towards the end of this year.
Perhaps you can take level 4 along with your microblading course! That way you will be ready to go when you have finished your microblading![emoji16]
They are really cracking down on microblading, shame they are not doing the same for other areas of the beauty industry!
Thanks so much!

I think I'm going to cut my losses and do the level 4 course and lose my deposit.

Very annoying but I'm so glad i didn't pay for the whole thing, then find this out after!

Thanks for replying x

Thanks so much!

I think I'm going to cut my losses and do the level 4 course and lose my deposit.

Very annoying but I'm so glad i didn't pay for the whole thing, then find this out after!

Thanks for replying x

No problem... seems a shame to lose money. Is there no way you can do your level 4 whilst studying microblading?
Who are you doing your microblading course with?
Xx

I was doing it at a small salon near where I live.
The lady said she has applied to be a VTCT accredited salon but she said it takes a while.
I called VTCT to confirm and they said they couldn't check individual cases but even if she has applied, doesn't mean she will be granted.
I don't want to wait ages so will look to do other courses.

I looked a KB pro but now I'm confused whether to do the full SMPU or just the microblading as i wanted to do the shading and microblading combined.

You can do your microblading course and then upgrade to level 4 after that is an option too. What are you confused about in terms of the course? I would suggest to always start with microblading and then continue with SPMU

Latest posts

Back