microbond??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

angie b

Reaction score
i use the backscratchers glass glaze system for silk nails, but now my salon is talking about switching to this new opi microbond system. it seems a bit messy to me, can anyone give any opinions on pros and cons?

Maybe they should look at Fabric# before they make up their mind ... it beats the pants off the other two systems you mention!!

It has already won in competition and placed 3rd against liquid and powder (one judge couldn't tell the difference!!) at the Excel show!! Very strong and very beautiful. A totaly new generation in wrap systems.

I strongly urge you to have a look before you leap.

angie b said:
i use the backscratchers glass glaze system for silk nails, but now my salon is talking about switching to this new opi microbond system. it seems a bit messy to me, can anyone give any opinions on pros and cons?

I have to say, I've tried quite a few fibreglass systems and seriously, Fabric is the absolute best - I cannot fault it and nor can my clients. I actually do gel and L&P but this product has totally taken over in popularity. Even some of my "problem" clients who were really, really heavy on their nails and thought they could only ever have L&P are finding this is lasting the course on them and they love the completely natural look of them.

Invest in the try me kit - the best bit is that you will get loads of tips and help if you need it on here.

i'm just really not too fond of this new system. i work in a day spa/salon and it just seems like it's too complicated and damaging for our clients' intrest. plus, when finished, it feels very much like acrylic (too solid). is air able to pass through? i have a pushy co-worker, and basically what she says, goes. unless i can come up with some convincing proof!

Ok so you have to have some evidence that Fabric# is the best..........
Well I have the evidence..............

My score sheet from the Excel Nail Competition................
It clearly states in there, for improvement in the look, use a dryer mix for your white smile line...................... I used french tips and there was a shadow visible, that was down to me and not the system, which they thought was Liquid and Powder...............

I used Fabric# and was judged and came 3rd place...........Ok not first but,
I was judged within the Liquid and powder category .........................So it would have been a 1st if it had been Fibreglass judging...........
My point is....a systems that can even fool judges thinking it is Liquid and powder, is a brilliant system.....................

Competition nails are very different to Salon nails...............
competition nails are the thinnest, clearest and sleekest you will ever see..........
Mine where very clear, very thin and sleek, and to be honest, I didn't have to try very hard to get this look , as the systems is designed to be sleek, thin, flexible and very strong........... My model went home with her nail all intact, and came in 2 weeks later for her maintenance......................
usually all Competition nails break very soon after wards , because you have to work the product thinner then you would for a salon.................
Fabric# Competition nails stayed the test of time....................
So there is a valid point..................

Light weight, flexible, ultimate strength, clarity and the choice of silk or fibreglass...................

No system will damage the nails, it is the application technique of the technician that does that...................

But in my experience with Fibreglass and Silk for over 10 years, this is the best that I have used.......................and I sure as hell wont use any other system now.........................

just a thought
love Ruth xxxxxxxx
And Faye and myself, will be using this system at the Gmex Competition again ...I believe this is the best there is .......................

angie b said:
i'm just really not too fond of this new system. i work in a day spa/salon and it just seems like it's too complicated and damaging for our clients' intrest. plus, when finished, it feels very much like acrylic (too solid). is air able to pass through? i have a pushy co-worker, and basically what she says, goes. unless i can come up with some convincing proof!

Hi Angie

Why do you feel that it seems too damaging for your clients' interest? I have been using Fabric for a while now and, so far, no-one has ever returned complaining of damage?

no, it's not the fabric i'm worried about. i work with someone who works strictly acrylic. i myself prefer a fabric because i feel there is NO damage. however, it's this new opi microbond gel that i'm worried about. she's trying to convince our boss to make me switch to it instead of fabric, and i don't want to! :x i love fabric, and i'm just worried that this gel might not be as gentle.

This lady is from the United States so she is not using the system that goes by the name of Fabric#!!! Heaven forbid. Fabric# is not sold in the USA yet!!

She is talking about the Microbond system as opposed to (the word 'fabric' used in the general sense of 'wraps').

Thanks Hollybaloo for flagging this up!!

Angieb there is a new SYSTEM that goes by the name of Fabric# --- that is what the others have been talking about, not wraps in general. Hope that clears everything up. awesome system ... will come to the States one day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back