Microcurrent machine with galvanic option?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RosieR

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi there , I am looking into providing microcurrent facials after market research with my clients and I wondered if any geeks have used the Carlton or sillhouette machines?
I would buy secondhand as I will not be wanting to have to exclusively offer facials to try and get my money back if that makes sense.
Thanking you in anticipation
RosieR x

Hi,
I've used a lot of different brands as we had a wide range in college when I was teaching level 3 facials.
Carlton and silhouette brands were both reliable and we could always get spare leads when needed.

What I would suggest is that when it comes to micro-current you are best to go for a system where you do the whole face with probes as this is 'proper' micro-current.
The machines where you stick pads with wires onto the face are actually using EMS (electro-muscular stimulation) so not true micro-current (although they do achieve muscle contraction) and your client feels the current.
In college we trained the students using the Goddess 2000 as this used pads on the lower face and probes on the upper face. This way we could assess them for EMS and micro-current all in one facial. It was actually a good treatment and the units weren't too expensive.

In my own salon, what do I use? Biotherapeutic Ultimate Gold (more recent versions available).
This system uses probes and micro-current for the full facial, has skin boosting programmes and you can use it for galvanic purposes if wished. The client does not feel any current. As always, there are far more programmes on it than I ever use!

Caci is another alternative you might want to look at for combined currents but an expensive option.
Guinot hydradermie (or whatever they call it now...) is good too but you'd need all their products too.

Second hand equipment - yes, I've done this without any problem for both my bio-therapeutic unit and my sterex blend electrolysis unit. I had to repair a button on the micro-current unit but even with paying for this it was still loads cheaper than buying a brand new one.

I purchased from David Howarth via ebay and he sells / services / mends units:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/complexionsonline/Used-Hair-Beauty-Equipment/_i.html?_storecat=732582016

Hope this is of help :)

Thanks CFBS that's brilliant information. Yes, I agree I really want to steer way from the facial faradic and use probes for the full job .
I shall explore those you have suggested .
I have used depilex equipment in the past and had an integra mini microcurrent many years ago.
I'll keep you posted. xx

I am Mrs Confused , can someone help me to choose a microcurrent facial machine please. I am hopeless !
I would love to be able to find a good secondhand machine as my business is not big enough to warrant those big prices of the famous manufacturers. Unfortunately there are hardly any on the market at the moment.
However I have been to proff North today and seen PJS -330 4 in 1 anti age facial machine that I can afford. Has anyone used this spanish brand Weelko?
I have also have in direct price comparison the Skinmate elite EQU/800
Any help will be welcomed.
x

I am Mrs Confused , can someone help me to choose a microcurrent facial machine please. I am hopeless !
I would love to be able to find a good secondhand machine as my business is not big enough to warrant those big prices of the famous manufacturers. Unfortunately there are hardly any on the market at the moment.
However I have been to proff North today and seen PJS -330 4 in 1 anti age facial machine that I can afford. Has anyone used this spanish brand Weelko?
I have also have in direct price comparison the Skinmate elite EQU/800
Any help will be welcomed.
x
I bought some equipment from PJS , great customer service. I bought a diamond microdermabrasion machine. It does exactly what it says, however with my machine it has to cool down after each treatment use. So no continuous use, I would check for all the small print, as this wasn't mentioned, not that it matters to me as I don't back to back DMDA.

Ive bought electrical machines from PJS. They were the supplier for The London School of Beauty and Make-Up when I was training and the Beauty Head who taught the CIDESCO/CIBTAC course recommended them. Apparently PJS supplied them for some of their equipment. She showed us a portable high frequency unit which was cheap as chips and said it was absolutely ok. We were allowed to play with it in our lunch breaks. I bought one myself and later bought a galvaniv/high frequency and a vacuum suction machime. they are still going strong which was annoying when the 3 in ones came out - i still bought one!

Paul's a nice chap and very helpful. I'm so impressed with the latest machine - price/design/perceived quality that im thinking of buying again. Ive spoken to him about this brand and I'm inclined to agree with him - the quality is impressive. my only issue is that I'd really prefer a 5 MHz eye piece because I read somewhere that this is better for eyes than 3mhz but I can't find one from a reputable supplier at a price I can justify

Paul does a 1 and 3 MHz and they look very nice and feel great in the hands. The rollers are nice and chunky and don't look like they would develop annoying squeaks. Last time I visited his stand I was admiring his pedicure chair range. He remembered me which I thought was pretty astonishing. Shows he's a real people person.

He seems genuine and fairly knowledgeable and he's been around for years gradually getting bigger and more established as the years go by.

Thankyou for your information , yet again I am astonished with all the help I am receiving.. You are all so kind!

I am awaiting emails from a few suppliers to see if they will be selling on any refurbished models and until I get all their feedback I won't be rushing to get it sooner than the end of this month I shouldn't think. Such a big purchase for me I want to be confident and get it right.

The Duchess ,you are quite right . the guy from PJS was so very nice and no hard sell which I like. I don't like "fake salespeople" with too much glitz ...I am a country bumpkin actually. Plain and no fuss, each to their own as they say.

I shall update you when the muddle in my head gets a little less !!!

Thankyou CFBS,NewSpa and TheDuchess
xxx

Have you looked at A Lift by Karen betts? Much more affordable and really effective treatment xx

Have you looked at A Lift by Karen betts? Much more affordable and really effective treatment xx

No I haven't heard of them actually. What can you tell me about them as I have looked online and they only seem to have microblading courses etc. Am I looking in the wrong area?
Many thanks x

Latest posts

Back