Microdermabrasion on stretch marks

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

julesgems

Reaction score
Hi

Has anyone had good results with Microdermabrasion on stretch marks on the backs of legs or stomach?

I have a client who wants me to try this but would like to hear from anyone who has already tried this. I need to know how successful it can be (if at all). My client's stretch marks are about 10 years old - the result of having twins!

Any advice?

The newer the stretch marks, the better they are to respond to this!
When they are still pink/red they have more blood flow to the area.
If they are old ones they may be improved by the MDB but realistically they probably arent going to dissapear.

Thanks for your reply - I didn't think I would get too much improvement after so long and would hate to sell her a course and not help her.

Stretch marks won't respond to MDA, sorry to say, you need something more radical and even then they won't disappear. x

Stretch marks won't respond to MDA, sorry to say, you need something more radical and even then they won't disappear. x

Do you know of anything else on the market that might help her?

As smooth has said, Microdermabrasion will do nothing for stretch marks regardless of marketing literature.

Dermal Rollering can show a fair reduction after a course of around 3 or 4 treatments, but client expectations have to be managed and it can depend on the size of the needles used. I would say anything less than 1.5mm would not be that great in all honesty.

I would not advise your client to have MDA for stretch marks.

Thanks for the advice - was heading that way anyway!:hug:

As smooth has said, Microdermabrasion will do nothing for stretch marks regardless of marketing literature.

Dermal Rollering can show a fair reduction after a course of around 3 or 4 treatments, but client expectations have to be managed and it can depend on the size of the needles used. I would say anything less than 1.5mm would not be that great in all honesty.

I would not advise your client to have MDA for stretch marks.

That's interesting. I have just done training in dermal rollering and we were told to only use a 0.5 roller on stretch marks as the skin is so thin! I was thinking that a 0.5 wouldn't really do much so I'm glad I read this.
I have done my nephews face with a 1.5mm roller and noticed a big improvement. Can I ask if you use a 1.5mm on stretch marks then would you use a topical anaesthetic?

That's interesting. I have just done training in dermal rollering and we were told to only use a 0.5 roller on stretch marks as the skin is so thin! I was thinking that a 0.5 wouldn't really do much so I'm glad I read this.
I have done my nephews face with a 1.5mm roller and noticed a big improvement. Can I ask if you use a 1.5mm on stretch marks then would you use a topical anaesthetic?

You need to be penetrating reticular dermis. I would only suggest 0.5 for home use, nothing more really.

I only use 1.5mm as a minimum. It also depends on the area you are treating. I would have no problem using a 1.5mm for stretch marks. For instance, for deep acne scarring I use 3mm, but I am medical. I would always use topical anaesthetic prior to needling. Personally I use LMX 4% which is effective with minimal side effects. I would not recommend Emla for needling. But I stress, this is a long term therapy, often requiring a course - no instants!

Thank you for that Daisyl. I did phone the company I trained with today and they said that I can use a 1.5 but advised that I start with a 0.5 for the first one and I can work my way up with further treatments.
I use Anestop. I wouldn't use Emla as it's vasoconstrictive.
I don't use it with a 0.5 though and I've done other body parts without topical anaesthetic such as a thigh. I guess it depends on the person's pain threshold.

Latest posts

Back