Microdermabrasion

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cheekychick

Reaction score
Hi,
Sorry it's a little long!

I've been having regular facials in the lead up to my wedding next month to attempt to get my skin at its best which is proving difficult :(

In my day job I work in a warehouse which is absolutely freezing so all the goodness I'm putting into my skin is completely lost as soon as I get to work.
I have dry sensitive skin. (Really dry t zone.)

I've been using elemis cleansing balm, light exfoliator (3 times a week) day cream & night cream which have been a great help.
But my forehead & nose have really dry patches that aren't noticeable until I apply my foundation.
Also (I think it's my age) my pores are becoming quite noticeable too.

I have my make up trial on Tuesday which I'm stressing about.
I'm wondering would microdermabrasion help? I don't know a lot about it so if someone could tell me a bit more that would be fantastic.
Is it suitable for sensitive skin?
Thanks
Sam xx

Microdermabrasion is fantastic for removing dead skin cells, scarring from acne, refining pores and even eliminating fine lines and wrinkles by using either crystals that gentley blast onto the skin with an applicator or with a diamond tip that also "buffs" away skin cells.
I have carried it out on sensitive skin conditions and it has been fine because we used a calming mask after that is specifically designed to soothe sensitive skin.
I think working in the cold will take a lot out of your skin but if you do book microdermabrasion treatments your therapist will be able to recommend good products to help replenish lost moisture in your skin and care for it after the treatment. In fact if you were to speak to a therapist who does MDB they will be able to analyse your skin for suitability.

Thank you for your help

Do you know if it causes breakouts?
I get married in 3 weeks x

How did your make up trial go?

Vic x

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

How did your make up trial go?

Vic x

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

She postponed it to next Tuesday instead. Sort of glad because it gives me a few more days to attempt sorting my skin out. x

I do Crystal Clear Microdermabrasion and one thing I do say to clients when having microdermabrasion that if you have anything under your skin waiting to come out microdermabrasion will bring it out.

If you have a course normally weekly for between 4-10 weeks depending on skin condition, problems etc lessening too once a fortnight for month and then we suggest monthly upkeep. I find by the third/ fourth session the difference is remarkable.

I practiced on a friend when I first started she has Rosacea , prone to bad break outs and had bad scarring on her chin but her chin has a silver sheen to it and the scarring is actually lumps underneath so I was dubious about the progress anyway by the fourth I was astonished the chin still had a sheen but not as prominent, the lumping had reduced, she wasn't suffering with break outs. her Rosacea was still on her cheeks but it looked like blusher it had dramatically reduced. She has horses and is always outside but the dryness in her skin was even improved.

I do Crystal Clear Microdermabrasion and one thing I do say to clients when having microdermabrasion that if you have anything under your skin waiting to come out microdermabrasion will bring it out.

If you have a course normally weekly for between 4-10 weeks depending on skin condition, problems etc lessening too once a fortnight for month and then we suggest monthly upkeep. I find by the third/ fourth session the difference is remarkable.

I practiced on a friend when I first started she has Rosacea , prone to bad break outs and had bad scarring on her chin but her chin has a silver sheen to it and the scarring is actually lumps underneath so I was dubious about the progress anyway by the fourth I was astonished the chin still had a sheen but not as prominent, the lumping had reduced, she wasn't suffering with break outs. her Rosacea was still on her cheeks but it looked like blusher it had dramatically reduced. She has horses and is always outside but the dryness in her skin was even improved.

Thanks. :)
The therapist hasnt given me any Info apart from I'll be a little red for a few minutes afterwards.
I just want to be realistic about it. If it's going to make me have a massive breakout then I won't bother. Xx

Latest posts

Back