Microdermabrasion

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tantastic

Reaction score
After giving the client a microdermabrasion facial...is it best to apply just moisturiser or do people normally apply a face mask to cool the face down? Thanks

Either really.

Microdermabrasion shouldn't create heat in the skin.

If the client is couperous or has rosacea, they would be at risk of getting very stimulated due to the suction element, however they will be contraindicated because of this.

If a client is redness prone without telangiectasias present, you may want to use something that's on the cooler side to subdue some of the redness.

Sorry just coming back to this now.

Depending on what's presenting, some people like to perform a deep cleansing facial post microdermabrasion, this of course is for oilier and more resilient skin and may involve a clay based mask to sop up excess oil in the skin.

For dry, photoaged, hyperkeratosis and resilient skin, I would go for a moisturising mask post microdermabrasion as the skin will now be more prone to TEWL now that the SC has been grind down.

For all of the above, of course treat with specific formulas that tackle what's presented, peptides for ageing, tyrosinase inhibitors for hyperpigmentation, salicylic or hydroxy acids for acne, etc.

From clients I've seen, many are over treating their skin or it's simply not conditioned/in a great state. I generally would work to get them back to a healthier baseline before mechanically exfoliating them.

I do think for those who are prone to an accumulation of dead skin, having them have this service biannually or at most quarterly, should help to manage this.

I personally am not trained in electrolysis or lancing for milia, which although it plagues many drier skin types, if the skin is properly conditioned.microdermabrasion can be a great way to loosen and speed up the natural removal of these.

Anyway, enjoy! X

Latest posts

Back