Microneedling-do you do it and is it popular?

riva

I have a wonderful pen device which gives me excellent results- on the very few that I do.

I'm finding it to be a real hard-sell though. People are probably not interested in what it can do. Any one of you offer it and if so, how do you get people through the door?

I also offer micro needling but with a larger stamp, I told all my clients about it offered a discount of 15% off for first 3 months I started it and some treatment on myself so they could see results I had quite a few book in for treatment this way xxxx

Sent from my D5803 using SalonGeek mobile app

Sorry if I sound daft, are you referring to mca/skin needling? Just curios because I am training in this next month! X

pinknsparkly

Am interested to know what people charge for this as was thinking of training but not sure what a treatment should be priced at and can't find anyone local to me that does it to compare

riva

Just saw the responses....
It is skin needling. But there's a difference in pen and roller devices. I'd say you do need training for the roller- just makes good sense. You'll also get a feel for if you like it as it can be quite bloody, esp if going deep. I love the results but in my place at least, can't seem to get people to want to do it- maybe because of downtime and pain? I even use a special anaesthetic cream, much stronger than emla, that I get specially made up for us.
Or maybe I'm just not spreading the word enough although we did put a very decent deal for existing clients.
Roller is good for larger areas but pen better for the face.
In London, its usually around the £150-£300/treatment depending on where you go and with strict aftercare. Also commonly sold as a course of 3.

kamikate

Hi Riva, do you have a website or facebook page? You say you've had good results so far, so can you get your happy clients to allow some photos, testimonials, reviews that you can post on your page and website? The company you buy your pen from, or your training supplier, do they have photos or reviews that they will allow you to use?

I use the roller system. I mention it on my price list but no prices and no details, this way people have to call me to ask about it. I then sell it to them over the phone and I send them a document which I have prepared which goes into Q&A about why needling is the best thing for them, what's included in the treatment, why they won't see results until about 3 months later, after care which they must promise they will do otherwise they won't get the same results.

riva

We do have a very good website (I think!) but I'm struggling with getting pictures. Will get done! Also will be advertising in salon guinea pig or gumtree- its coming to the point where it needs to be done.
So much to do, so little time!

We have just taken on the derma pen and it is amazing, have booked 5 courses for clients already and we don't start doing it until 1st of november xx

I have a wonderful pen device which gives me excellent results- on the very few that I do.

I'm finding it to be a real hard-sell though. People are probably not interested in what it can do. Any one of you offer it and if so, how do you get people through the door?
Hi, I realise this an old post. Do you still offer micro needling and if so has it become more popular?