Microneedling-do you do it and is it popular?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

riva

Reaction score
I have a wonderful pen device which gives me excellent results- on the very few that I do.

I'm finding it to be a real hard-sell though. People are probably not interested in what it can do. Any one of you offer it and if so, how do you get people through the door?

I also offer micro needling but with a larger stamp, I told all my clients about it offered a discount of 15% off for first 3 months I started it and some treatment on myself so they could see results I had quite a few book in for treatment this way xxxx

Sent from my D5803 using SalonGeek mobile app

Sorry if I sound daft, are you referring to mca/skin needling? Just curios because I am training in this next month! X

Am interested to know what people charge for this as was thinking of training but not sure what a treatment should be priced at and can't find anyone local to me that does it to compare

Just saw the responses....
It is skin needling. But there's a difference in pen and roller devices. I'd say you do need training for the roller- just makes good sense. You'll also get a feel for if you like it as it can be quite bloody, esp if going deep. I love the results but in my place at least, can't seem to get people to want to do it- maybe because of downtime and pain? I even use a special anaesthetic cream, much stronger than emla, that I get specially made up for us.
Or maybe I'm just not spreading the word enough although we did put a very decent deal for existing clients.
Roller is good for larger areas but pen better for the face.
In London, its usually around the £150-£300/treatment depending on where you go and with strict aftercare. Also commonly sold as a course of 3.

Hi Riva, do you have a website or facebook page? You say you've had good results so far, so can you get your happy clients to allow some photos, testimonials, reviews that you can post on your page and website? The company you buy your pen from, or your training supplier, do they have photos or reviews that they will allow you to use?

I use the roller system. I mention it on my price list but no prices and no details, this way people have to call me to ask about it. I then sell it to them over the phone and I send them a document which I have prepared which goes into Q&A about why needling is the best thing for them, what's included in the treatment, why they won't see results until about 3 months later, after care which they must promise they will do otherwise they won't get the same results.

We do have a very good website (I think!) but I'm struggling with getting pictures. Will get done! Also will be advertising in salon guinea pig or gumtree- its coming to the point where it needs to be done.
So much to do, so little time!

We have just taken on the derma pen and it is amazing, have booked 5 courses for clients already and we don't start doing it until 1st of november xx

I have a wonderful pen device which gives me excellent results- on the very few that I do.

I'm finding it to be a real hard-sell though. People are probably not interested in what it can do. Any one of you offer it and if so, how do you get people through the door?
Hi, I realise this an old post. Do you still offer micro needling and if so has it become more popular?

I’m also interested!

Hi, its still only moderately popular but my whole business is simply not that busy. I do think its more to do with other factors incl lack of marketing due to focussing efforts elsewhere, than anything else. Its an absolutely brilliant treatment though!

I know I'm jumping on, but I just wanted to say that I do microneedling and its popular. I trained 14 months ago and its taken a while to get going. I had to do a few model offers initially, but once I got some great before and after photos it now sells itself. I charge £100 for basic Microneedling and I charge £150 which includes a pre-peel and LED. I'm home-based but you can charge way more if you have a salon. I use good quality pen and serums. I also retail most of my products on microneedling clients.
I see some people local to me charging £50 which is ridiculous. My clients question whats wrong with their service to be so cheap. I think for something like Microneedling its better to invest in quality so you get good results, so you need to charge accordingly x

We have just taken on the derma pen and it is amazing, have booked 5 courses for clients already and we don't start doing it until 1st of november xx
What pen do you use ?

I know I'm jumping on, but I just wanted to say that I do microneedling and its popular. I trained 14 months ago and its taken a while to get going. I had to do a few model offers initially, but once I got some great before and after photos it now sells itself. I charge £100 for basic Microneedling and I charge £150 which includes a pre-peel and LED. I'm home-based but you can charge way more if you have a salon. I use good quality pen and serums. I also retail most of my products on microneedling clients.
I see some people local to me charging £50 which is ridiculous. My clients question whats wrong with their service to be so cheap. I think for something like Microneedling its better to invest in quality so you get good results, so you need to charge accordingly x
Hi I am just looking to train in micro-needling, I currently do microblading. Can I ask what pen and serums you use? Tia x

Microneedling and BBGlow is a great course to do. You can offer both or one or the other. BBGlow is very popular now its semi permanent foundation - so its really good for the client as they are not clogging up there pores with foundation every day. You can charge £150 per session and it takes 1 hour. Or you can do a block of 3 for £100/£120 each if they book together. You can take this course at LV College they offer both these in 1 one course

Hi I am just looking to train in micro-needling, I currently do microblading. Can I ask what pen and serums you use? Tia x

I use the Genosys Deramfix Pen and their whole range of products too. I've tried a few brands and always go back to Genosys. I trained with Emma Coates, which I can highly recommend too. I've done a few courses with them and always happy and they offer continued support after training too.

Hi Everyone. I’m starting a new job next month at Dermacore I Laser, Skin & Body Clinic in Telford, Shropshire. Mega Excited!!!. I need your advice on brand of HA to go for, for Microneedling purpose? Many Thanks in Advance.

I use the Genosys Deramfix Pen and their whole range of products too. I've tried a few brands and always go back to Genosys. I trained with Emma Coates, which I can highly recommend too. I've done a few courses with them and always happy and they offer continued support after training too.
Thank you. I have been looking at Genosys. If i has to choose 2 serums to start off with, which would you recommend?

Thank you. I have been looking at Genosys. If i has to choose 2 serums to start off with, which would you recommend?

If your clients are older pick HES, it really depends on you clients though.

HES is the most popular serum they sell as its a good all-rounder. Its anti-ageing and can be used for mesotherapy with the pen too - helps dehydrating and will plump the skin.
But I find having all serums helps me sell a whole block of treatments. Clients love it when you can say that you are tailoring the treatment to their needs, including the serum.

Latest posts

Back