Microteaching, mini manicure

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fufa

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I've nearly finished my pttls 7303 and am doing the micro lesson in the next two weeks. I'm planning to do:

an introduction to mini manicure and ask who's had a mani treatment before
quick mention of health and safety
explain the tools required using flip chart and handout for students
demo on one hand of model
pair students up to work on each other
conclude with recap on info taught

I'm also going to have a crossword/quiz to use if there's time...

This is just my rough plan...I wondered if any of you who have completed the course or the cert ed could see if I've forgotten anything...

Many thanks,

Sarah x

Looks good hun:hug:

One thing you must do is practice your timing out loud! What takes 20 mins in your head takes an hour in real time. you will be amazed at how quickly the time goes especially if someone asks a question lol.

good luck, let us know how you get on:hug:

Thanks Hun,
I'm going to get it all planned out then practise on the Husband....thanks for your help, I'll let you know how the feedback goes xxx

Anyone else out there????? :)

Hey, make sure you have clear easy objectives!!! Remember how quick your time will go, basically it will fly by! Are you doing a powerpoint presentation? Remember to talk the group through the objectives and re visit them at the end to see if you have achieved everything you have set out to do. x x :)

Also what are you covering in your mini manicure??? x

Hi i had to do this for my a1 a2 !! all the above sound good but make sure you are clear about the objectives at the start of the lesson as some one was picked up on this who did it b4 me and i was clear about my objectives and also covered it at the end again !
also can i ask how long your course has been ??

good luck x

Thanks guys for your help...I will make sure I state my objectives at the start of the lesson and recap them at the end...I still need to practise it to see how long it all takes, so that will determine how much content I put in...we have been told by our tutor to keep it simple and fun...the course is runs for 10 weeks, it's been a great introduction to teaching...I'm starting the Cert Ed in September...believe that will be a whole new ball game....just having a nightmare sorting some paid teaching hours out at the moment...fingers crossed it'll all work out! Thanks again guys, I'm doing the micro teach a week on Thursday, so better get practising.

Thanks,
Sarah x

Latest posts

Back