Might go creative

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
hi i agree with you on that one college courses do add up to be very expensive in the long run. You only have to take a look at this board to see that a majority of all the fantastic techs here are made up of creative trained! if i could turn the clock back now i would definatley go creative no two ways about it! unfortunatly i have to wait until next march to do my conversion :( the training i recieved was very basic and very expensive however with the help of knowledgeable tech's a great deal of home study, artical reading and plenty of practise im getting there! i have recently had my first expereince with creative fabric# and its fab its totally turned my confidence around and i feel like i have arrived!
my only regret is that i didn't do my foundation training with them but then hey if i win the lottery tommorrow or suddenly get over run with cleints due to my new advertising i would be straight on their doorstep for the foundation course! you know it makes sense :D nickki jonesx

LindaH73

Reaction score
Had all my info come through yesterday about creative and have decided to forget the home-study course and i might forget about the college course as well and just do the creative foundation course. Not 100% yet though cause £500 is a lot of money for me to do the course and i will have to get a loan out to do it. Is it worth it or should i stick with my college course, get a year's experience and then do a conversion course?

I need your advice on this one folks cause i just don't know!!!!!!!!

Love Linda.x :?

Hi Linda

Well I've been down this road before and did do the VTCT which I regretted because I had the misfortune of going to the wrong college at the wrong time :( !

What I would say however is to put the money issue to one side because quite frankly, I spent far more doing the VTCT course than I would have done had I gone to Creative to start with! Seriously. By the time you have bought your uniform, your kits, paid for certification, the course itself etc, etc it really isn't much less than Creative and for me, it was much, much more purely because I wasn't satisfied with the kit products and simply went out over and over again seeking out alternatives.

The most important issue is the education and for me personally having found myself in a massive class, I learned no more than I would have done by just reading the encyclopedia of Nails!

So.....look into every aspect of the actual college you would attend for the VTCT (because not all colleges the same and you may have the good fortune of having access to a really good one, unlike myself) and then weight it up against the education you will receive at Creative. You might also find that the one year waiting to do your conversion feels more like 5 when you're itching to get your hands on Creative L&P ;).

The only good thing about getting a college education is the qualification itself. I wish I`d found creative a long while ago and am really impressed with the training.
What I will say to you though is that next year when legislation changes you will need unit 19 or a VTCT or NVQ to practice which you would get if you went to college.
Creative training goes towards unit 19 but I don`t know if you can do the whole lot with them or if you have to go somewhere else after.
Ring Leeds on 0113 275 0433 and have a chat with them, they`ll be able to advise you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back