milia, How do you get rid of it?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KattyB

Reaction score
Hello everyone.

Just recieved all my dermalogica kit today..wow am I gona have some fun...facials all round!

When I worked in a salon before, if someone had large milia we used to insert a small disposable needle into them to break the surface and then pop out the deposit like a little pearl. I can't remember what the needles were called or where we got them from but I'm sure we used them at college too.

What does everyone else use? If you use the same method as above where do you buy the needles from please?

Hello everyone.

Just recieved all my dermalogica kit today..wow am I gona have some fun...facials all round!

When I worked in a salon before, if someone had large milia we used to insert a small disposable needle into them to break the surface and then pop out the deposit like a little pearl. I can't remember what the needles were called or where we got them from but I'm sure we used them at college too.

What does everyone else use? If you use the same method as above where do you buy the needles from please?

This is the method we were taught at college too by either using an electrolysis needle or a combination tool which was for comedones that also has a pointed end too - not sure what it is called so I will see if I can get a picture. I know that removal of milia in this way is quite alarming too some people though because you are having to pierce the skin to remove the pearl.

The tool was like this one:

http://www.skinstore.com/resources/dynamic/store/products/aesthetician_tool.jpg

I used to use microlances in disp0sable sterile packs.I don't do this now though i dont like to do anything that may draw blood in this way.

This is the method we were taught at college too by either using an electrolysis needle or a combination tool which was for comedones that also has a pointed end too - not sure what it is called so I will see if I can get a picture. I know that removal of milia in this way is quite alarming too some people though because you are having to pierce the skin to remove the pearl.

The tool was like this one:

http://www.skinstore.com/resources/dynamic/store/products/aesthetician_tool.jpg

Never seen one of them before..looks like something for a face lift never mind removing a milia!!!!LoL. Thanks anyway hun, the ones I used were disposable and blister packed..haven't got a clue where to get them from...

I used to use microlances in disp0sable sterile packs.I don't do this now though i dont like to do anything that may draw blood in this way.

can you remember where you got them from??? I believe these are the same ones...

I would ask your local chemist, i am sure they will sell the micro lances hth

I would ask your local chemist, i am sure they will sell the micro lances hth

You're right, they do. The microlances are what diabetics use to prick their finger for a blood sugar test.

You're right, they do. The microlances are what diabetics use to prick their finger for a blood sugar test.

Oh - they are a good idea - never thought of those.

are they the same things then?

Ellisons sell the microlances in sterile packs. They´re on page 41 of the latest catalogue. 75 pence for a pack of 10 - order ref is AB560A. Thats what we have in the salon for milia.

Ellisons sell the microlances in sterile packs. They´re on page 41 of the latest catalogue. 75 pence for a pack of 10 - order ref is AB560A. Thats what we have in the salon for milia.
Thanks judith..thats what I wanted...I think someone earlier has sent me a link to that page but it was so small I couldn't read it properley!

Latest posts

Back