Millenium nail wraps

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kizzycat

Reaction score
Hi there. I have bought a few packs of millennium nail wraps and all but one design has stayed put. When I say that, I mean the clear "pattern" layer that is embossed over the wrap starts to peel within a few minutes of application. It's almost like cling film peeling away leaving the base colour of the wrap stuck to the nail. Anyone else had this problem? Is it just millennium or is this all wraps?. I used kooky and they were fine. It wasn't as if the millenium wraps were cheap either! They were only a poind cheaper than kooky. I'm thinking going back to complain. I feel ripped off as the guy told me "we sell hundreds to the trade"

The clear layer you describe is NOT supposed to lift or peel off. It is the protective layer that keeps the pattern intact.

I would complain.

yeah i thought that baggy, I bought about 6 different patterns and they have all done this. good job the client was my best friend so she is understanding. i wouldnt lke this to have happened to a new client. i just hate confrontation. I could understand if i bought them from ebay or somewhere, as i would expect to get what i paid for. not sure how to broach this when i go in if they start being funny with me.

I would take them back & just say the product seems to be faulty and see what they say.

If they won't do anything then you will have to mark it up to experience & buy in a different brand.

I use Chix & Lynx wraps as well as Minx I would reccomend you check them out:

Chix Nail Wraps, Nail Wraps & Foils

And

Lynx Nails and Beauty

Just thought I would update this to let yuo know that I finally plucked up the courage and went into Millenium today along with the 6 sheets of wraps, all of which the top layer peeled on application. I just explained I would like to return them as I thought there was a fault (thanks baggybear), and he looked really bemused. He said that there had been no compalints about them and they sold hundreds. I told them I applied them as per the manufacturers directions on the back. He then went onto tell me that I had to apply top coat (which according to the manufacturers on the back, it does not mention the use of topcoat). however, I told him that after the first ones peeled that I had tried UV gel top coat, gel polish top coat and normal top coat and they all peeled. I had a photo too of the peeling. Give them their due, they have given me a credit note and have said that they will look into it. I still find it odd that no one else has complained and if it had only had happened on one design I would be tempted to just think it was that particular pattern, but it has happened on every single one. I have applied other wraps without this happeneing. So all in all, a thumbs up for customer service.

They may not have had complaints because people think it's too much hassle to complain over such a little amout of money (if they just got 1/2 packs) also we are not really used to complaining here in Britain - we put up with a lot more than we should and just accept it as a mistake we have made.

I'm glad they gave you good customer care and you got a credit note for the value of the goods (I do think that should have been a full cash/card refund) but at least you can get something else with the money you would have lost by not saying anything about the problem you encountered with the wraps.

Latest posts

Back