Min Order Fake Bake!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Purple Rose

Reaction score
I do mobile spray tanning, and at the moment use Sienna X. Recently I have had a lot of people ask if I do Fake Bake. I had a FB spray tan and absolutely loved it but nearly had a heart attack when I went to order it they said I had to apply for an account and then spend a min order of a lot of money, not sure if I can put how much... But there's no way I can afford to spend that in one go. I'm only just building up a client base. I'm not too sure what to do as I did love it. Has anyone else had this?

I think sometimes people ask for a specific brand because they have read about it or seen that a celebrity uses it without knowing that much about it (don't mean that to sound awful!)

Sienna is a great solution and will give fab results!

I used to get a lot of people asking for california tan because its been well marketed...and since the first series of sunset tan started a while back i got asked for it again because they use it on their clients. And now the second series has started i'm being asked for it again without the clients actually knowing whether its any good. I've used cal tan in the past but chose not to stock it as i think there are better solutions.

Have you thought about offering a trial spray and a lower price for anyone who has doubts about your chosen solution? you could just spray their legs or something so they know what kind of colour they will get, how long it will last and how it will fade....by spraying the legs if they are not happy they can keep them covered.....this is not something i've done so its just an idea off the top of my head!!!! but if your trying to build a client base it may work for you.

i got my spray tan kit, machine, solution, tent, headcovers n breifs only £250 at tho show, my rep has been today and there is no min order, maybe check again huni xx

I phoned up today to double check as they sent me an application form that I thought related to a shop holder who wanted an account. But no, they said I had to complete that and spend the minimum order to order with them. I only wanted the original and dark solution, certainly don't want to spend £250 when I don't need anything else. Its really put me off, unless there's any ways around it lol.

Hi,

There should be no mini order providing you pay up front but to open an account which lets you pay in 14 days then its £250 mini order. "Im sure this is how it works"

Good luck

I opened my account years ago it was only £99.

Sure you could come up with some solutions. Ring up and explain your situation and see if they will compromise.

Suppose the minimum opening order is to stop any old person calling and buying pro products without training etc which would in effect then cheapen the brand.

When I first ordered FB I had to be seen by a rep before they would let me order anything!
I went with the Gold product though and the startup cost was a bit more than Hajam was told.

Where are you located? If it is within the US, you may call 800 269-9660 or 888 244-4826 and order a single back bar size, if you have a professional license on file.
Donna

I do mobile spray tanning, and at the moment use Sienna X. Recently I have had a lot of people ask if I do Fake Bake. I had a FB spray tan and absolutely loved it but nearly had a heart attack when I went to order it they said I had to apply for an account and then spend a min order of a lot of money, not sure if I can put how much... But there's no way I can afford to spend that in one go. I'm only just building up a client base. I'm not too sure what to do as I did love it. Has anyone else had this?

I'm based in Essex so unfortuanately that won't help. Its a shame but I think I'll have to give it a miss.... I would have liked to have stocked this, but never come across this for a mobile therapist and think its really silly. I may phone up one more time and see if I get any luck, if not I'll leave it.
Thanks for your replies. x

I haven't seen an order form but something that came to mind was: is it a £250 spend to get free carriage?

I would defo try & negotiate a lower order value. The worst they can do is say no.

I phoned up today to double check as they sent me an application form that I thought related to a shop holder who wanted an account. But no, they said I had to complete that and spend the minimum order to order with them. I only wanted the original and dark solution, certainly don't want to spend £250 when I don't need anything else. Its really put me off, unless there's any ways around it lol.

Is it direct with fake bake or are you using a distributer? I personally think their customer service is awful.
Sienna is FANTASTIC!! Great products, loads to reatil and fantastic cusomer service!
xxx

Yes, he's right. I had that when I first looked into using Fake Bake, the order form and start up costs, since then I've gone with Tantrick and I have alot of customers making sure it isnt fake bake. I agree with the others, if you end up not using fake bake and use a less marketed product, perhaps offer a bit of a discount to get people to try it

i got the info pack from fake bake 2day and it only says about opening packages, which are £500!! i will only b doing manual tan and dont wana spend that much on 1st order!

aston and fincher are at the mo still selling fake bake give them a call as long as you got insurance you can open an account and away you go:)

Hi, I completed my Fake Bake training in September and although I spent hundreds of pounds on my equipment and first order, I'm sure on the day the trainer told us the minimum spend to open an account was £99.

The trainer, Lauren Kelly, was fantastic and has been very, very helpful ever since (I bug her at least a couple of times a week with what she must think are very trivial queries). How about you email Lauren asking for 100% exact information - I'm sure she's in the know - [email protected] :)

how much did ur training cost? Where did u do it? (Sorry i know its off subject)

My training with Fake Bake cost me nothing because I had taken out a Gold startup package with them. I believe that it would otherwise cost £50, but it's best to check with them on that!
I did the training in West Ealing and I think they have training centres in Manchester and Scotland too.

Check out your local Sallys. They sell professional sizes of Fake Bake.

fake bake is fab! if you bought your machine at the show for £250 you got a great deal as i did, and you will now have the benefit of the offer and saved £250! there is a £500 set up cost otherwise to open an account. its worth it though, but mobile, maybe you could get it once you were really busy xx

Hi....
I use Fake Bake and Lauren at Fake Bake did my training and she was very good. I have used the product since and my clients love it and still have weekly treatments now even in the colder weather.

As a mobile therapist, you should only have to order £99 worth of stuff which is easily done with a couple of large bottles of solution or they do good starter packs with solution, exfoliator, moisturiser and towels etc. You can tailor make your start up package to suit.

If you like Fake Bake, I would persevere with it as clients do love it!

Good luck:)

Latest posts

Back