Mineral Makeup question

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think I was moisturizing too much. I go to bed with a moisturizing pak on my face, a mixture of Aloe, moisturizer and a little bit of solaroil around my eyes. Then I would get up in the morning and lightly rinse my face and apply a clay moisturzing mask for 10 mins, then rinse that off and apply moisturizer on ,letting that absorb then my foundation.

Wow thats an awful lots of moisturising for someone with dry skin let alone oily. And you did this on a daily basis? Personally I would recommend that if you have a very oily skin then you should probably only be applying moisturiser on any places which need it each morning. ie if you have dry areas on your cheeks. What type of moisturiser are you using? It could also be too rich for your skin.

Wow thats an awful lots of moisturising for someone with dry skin let alone oily. And you did this on a daily basis? Personally I would recommend that if you have a very oily skin then you should probably only be applying moisturiser on any places which need it each morning. ie if you have dry areas on your cheeks. What type of moisturiser are you using? It could also be too rich for your skin.

I do the clay mask every other day. It feels so good.

The moisturizer I use is by Sophie skin. It is private labeled. Lavender sage. It contains botanical ingredients and vits such as Omega3, Grapeseed, borage oil, lavender extract, sage extract and aloe vera.
She has her own facial skin care , is a skin geek and sells her facial line in her salon. Truly wonderful stuff.
When I first met her, my face was showing signs of age alot, I bought her skin care based on what she thought I needed and within one week, my skin smoothed out and I had that youthful glow again. All without any harsh chemicals.

I do admit that i love the line so much that I probably do use too much of it.
I am learning to cut back on it. ;)

I do the clay mask every other day. It feels so good.

The moisturizer I use is by Sophie skin. It is private labeled. Lavender sage. It contains botanical ingredients and vits such as Omega3, Grapeseed, borage oil, lavender extract, sage extract and aloe vera.
She has her own facial skin care , is a skin geek and sells her facial line in her salon. Truly wonderful stuff.
When I first met her, my face was showing signs of age alot, I bought her skin care based on what she thought I needed and within one week, my skin smoothed out and I had that youthful glow again. All without any harsh chemicals.

I do admit that i love the line so much that I probably do use too much of it.
I am learning to cut back on it. ;)

You're lucky you've found a range you love - many women spend a lifetime (and a small fortune!) searching for theirs. If it's working thats great but maybe you feel that your routine needs a little tweaking? You could always re-visit the skin geek and get a review. Might help to sort the oilyness for you. :hug:

Hey hi guy's, I love that you love the skincare JD ...thank you for your patience, getting someone set up on the right products from afar is always a challenge. LOL your the best.

I have a philosophy about skincare (& make up) You have to LOVE it in order to stick with it and use it. There are so many products out there, in beautiful packaging and so much enticing advertising especially to us over 40 boomer's. lol that you want to try everything. But using the right skincare (& make up) is just like eating a Healthy diet. The Right Products For Your Skin and Consistancy Is Key!

Back to the Mineral Make up. I LOVE LOVE LOVE it. I custom blend my own at the salon and it can be customized in so many different ways it's almost like a full time job...but that's why it's so fun. We hair colorist and even you make up artists out there should really consider customizing it in your Salons.

It sounds to me JD that your product is a mixture that is meant to be shimmery. I just got my Daughter the "Art Student" to mix some Matte formulas at the salon...it looks good although I still have to get a little more depth into it...it's a little light because the main matte mineral is white.

The buffing thing is sooo important too the utube film is pretty good...i haven't watched the other tutorial...I will.
Firmly buffing almost like you are blending paint. Good brushes. And yes crushed minerals are way different than powder...they almost have a liquid quality to them once the warmth of your skin is a part of the equation. Mineral Make Up literally melts into your skin. This is why it is so durable (All Day...coverage) in fact it gets better as the day goes on.

But the right formula...color depth and glow is of course important. Liquid minerals are starting to come out those look really interesting...maybe for different type of coverage and the loose minerals over the top as a finishing step. I'm going to watch the other tutorial now...heheee:hug: Sophie

Latest posts

Back