mineral makeup

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lucy_locket

Reaction score
After reading through posts and of cause my own post the other day regarding my skin problems i though i would try this Lily lolo mineral makeup.

Well they all arrived today my little tester pots i must admit i thought "there a bit on small side" but couldn't wait to try them out.

i ordered 2 different foundations "in the buff" and "cookie"
1 shine way
1 nude cover up
1 Bondi Bronze bronzer
2 eye colours
1 blush in rosebud

i was impressed as soon as i started putting it on my skin it was so light yet was covering so well. i also thought the cover up was extremely good in covering my dark eyes.
i then moved on to the bronze bit, well ......what can i say .....i kind of put abit to much on, well it didn't look to much but when i watched as i buffed it all over my face i just looked like a bronzed head :eek: LOL.:lol::lol:

i decided it was best not to frighten the life out of my husband and kids and decided to remove and start again this time with a little less :rolleyes:.

i said i thought they looked on the small side but considering i had to reapply i have so much left at least a weeks worth.

i have now had the foundation on for 10 hrs and it's stil there unlike the foundation i was using and the best thing no shine which i always get after about 3 hrs of applying my face.

well impressed just wanted to tell you all.

also can you become a stockist if you do nails and beauty mobile? does anyone els do this ?
sorry if thats a stupid question :smack:

lucy x

I stock the Jane Iredale Mineral Make-up range and I'm mobile - sorry I know this doesn't answer your question but I believe many companies will have similar practices.

Jane Iredale is well worth a look. PM if you'd like any more info.

Ax

welcome to the world of mineral makeup hun:hug:

although i stock bare escentuals i would recommend jane iredale as ive seen it and its a really good range.
Always remember when applying less is more,as youve learnt,but now you know thats all that matters.:)

i dont stock minerals but i am a consumer of bare escentuals and lilylolo, it took me a while to fully convert to full minerals as a makeup and for the past month i have used nothing else, and i love it. i found it hard to converte from liquid foundation to mineral it took a wee while now that i have the applictaion down t a tee, i love minerals, and the longevity of it

We use Krush mineral makeup by Vani-t.

Different application techniques with mineral m/up [buff,blend] but the results are worth the effort.

XX J XX

I use Bare Escentuals on myself and would really like to get it for my salon. Does anyone know the opening order amount??

I would say lily lolo is well ahead on the funky colours. I have used jane iredale and bare for ages..... yes I like all jane iredale brushes, and have most of them but..... the colurs are more bland, good for bridal makeup(lily is good for this as well) and the like..

But if you want to work on young girls for nights out, proms are also big.. and want some wild smokey eyes that they like lilly has the nice bright funky range.

the problem is that not many have used it and just stick to the others.

XXX

Ive used both bare escentuals and Jane Iredale but have recently switched to the Krush range By Vani-T after trying samples and finding it better than both of them and cheaper too! Cant RAVE enough about it.

thanks everyone for your reply s i will also look into different brands and try some samples maybe.

i've kind of started abit of a buzz in the play ground at the moment about my new makeup everyone has said how nice it looks on me and not heavy at all so i am building my customers up nicely LOL.

how much would it cost to startup? as i'm doing mobile work i wont being filling a salon with it.
sorry i have no concept of the cost of these things :sad:.

lucy x

Best thing you could do is to contact the company direct and ask for some info.

I emailed did the other day although I'm still waiting for a reply.:irked:

this is a really interesting thread, i have beeen out of the industry for a while but would love to no more. how much does it cost for a starter kit, do they run bridal courses. I am fully qualified but could do with a refresher, :)

I use Bare Escentuals on myself and would really like to get it for my salon. Does anyone know the opening order amount??

My Bare Escentuals opening order was just over a thousand. I recieved salon and retail products.

I absolutely love all of the bare escentuals range, as do my clients :)

Latest posts

Back