mini facial

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tina211280

Reaction score
Hiya!
Not long started a home salon and have my first 'mini facial' that is a facial in half an hour costing £10, Not done one before and not sure which bits to include or leave out. What do you think of this : one cleanse, exfoliate, steam, extract, mini massage, tone moisturise? Any tips?

Depending on the skin type, I wouldn't do the steam and extraction if they didn't need it. How long should your mini facial take? Always try to do a nice massage, that's the relaxing bit which will hopefully make your client return.
As for results, I'm not sure you can get really fantastic results in less than 1hr, whattever range you use. Good luck, I hope she enjoys it.:hug:
I only tend to offer mini ones as an introductory session. A "Guinot for Life" consultation with mini facial. £10 cost, redeemable if they buy skincare, and only one per client. After the mini session, which is a chance for me to asses their skin, I would recommend a full facial for their next treatment, either Hydradermie, Hydraplus, Beaute Neuve or Liftosome. Clients will often treat their friends to one of these.

I would definately focus the majority of the time on the massage, this is the part the client will enjoy the most - if i had to do a mini facial i would cleanse,exfoliate,massage,tone and moisturise, the 30mins for me would not include client consulation or skin analysis for new clients (so it would probs end up about 45mins for me..lol) if the client then requires additional treatment such has steam/extraction leave out the exfoliation and reduce the massage slightly, Imo and 1hr at least is required for the most effective treatment, Hth's hugs xxxx

I would definitely leave out the massage and steam, you won't have time in half an hour. I would include Cleanse, exfoliate, mask, finishing with toner and moisturiser. hth x

this is what i do

Client Consultation, (5 mins)
One Cleanse, (5 mins)
Mask, (10 mins)
Tone & Moisturise, (5 mins)

You could always ask which do they prefer a face mask or a face massage substituting one for the other

mamma said:
this is what i do

Client Consultation, (5 mins)
One Cleanse, (5 mins)
Mask, (10 mins)
Tone & Moisturise, (5 mins)

You could always ask which do they prefer a face mask or a face massage substituting one for the other

Great Idea :biggrin: !

Thanks girls,
I think I will ask her if she would prefer to have a massage or mask and that way i know she is getting what she wants, great advice once again! :biggrin:

I include everything i would do in a full facial, they only difference is that the massage & mask times are cut down, i also massage the shoulders whilst the mask is on.

Bombinigirl said:
I include everything i would do in a full facial, they only difference is that the massage & mask times are cut down, i also massage the shoulders whilst the mask is on.

But is it worth putting the mask on for say five mins, will it have time to dry etc.? I was also thinking about the cost, if i am only charging half price, although it will only take half the time i am still using the same amount of product. any other thoughts anyone? x

Hi, when I do a mini facial its as an 'introduction' to the facial products i use, so i do a deep cleanse, exfoliate, mask, tone, moisturise, explaining to client what each product does etc. I include a shoulder, face and scalp massage with my luxury massage.hths:wink2:

before i start the treatment i ask if they would like a hand and arm massage whilst the mask is on.

if not i use this time to clean out my tubs.

In the salon I work in we do the usual cleanse,tone exfolliate,then the basis is on the massage.We dont do a mask.The treatment time is 1/2 an hour.Clients enjoy the massage most of all so I wouldn't leave it out.It's a quick fix for those that havn't got the luxury of time for a full facial.

Definately leave the steam, extraction and mask out!
The mask is a pain in the ass anyway takes forever to get off!
Steam and extraction arent necessary not everyone needs these.
Might add a mini facial to my list too since i have only had one customer for a facial so far lol might be too expensive even.

Latest posts

Back