Mini locks/copper tubes

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MatildasMummy

Reaction score
Hey geeks

Im looking to use copper tubes instead of micro rings, what do you think? Have you made tje change and never looked back? Are the copper tubes essentially what easilocks are?!

Arw they safe without the sillicone lining?

Many thanks

Tina

I've always used copper tubes I find them not as bulky, I prefer the. Because they are longer they hold the tip and hair together better.
I always use silicone lined. Stay in better and cushion the hair. C

I've always used copper tubes I find them not as bulky, I prefer the. Because they are longer they hold the tip and hair together better.

Thankyou so much, im going to try these!! Xx

I’m a fan of the tubes instead of the micro rings too. So much neater. I use non silicone ones myself though. Can’t stand the silicone squishing out of the ring and I find that the silicone can come away from the ring and make them slip. Personal preference though. If you’re not sure try both ( on the same client) and see what you think x

Don't you find the silicone spills out of the ends? I'd rather use silicone lined but hate the white band poking out when they're clamped. Is this your experience too?

I only use silicone rings it is So much safer for the hair

May I ask where u buy your copper tubes from and what size. I buy tiny tip hair and currently use siliconed lines rings. I agree the tubes look better but I’ve had it years ago where the non silicone ones just slip out of their hair ?! Xx

Hiya,
I have just started out and finding my feet, can you re use copper tubes or do new ones need to be applied every time ? Any advice is much appreciated!! Also price wise .. what do you girls charge for micro/locks maintenance? X
May I ask where u buy your copper tubes from and what size. I buy tiny tip hair and currently use siliconed lines rings. I agree the tubes look better but I’ve had it years ago where the non silicone ones just slip out of their hair ?! Xx

Thanks, Jess.

Always use new ones , never just push them up and reclamp as you will damage the clients hair. I charge the same as a fitting price. Full head £60 150 bonds. Takes me around 2 hours. Don’t think £30 an hour is bad at all. Some people get greedy and charge a lot more around £80-£100. Some clients will pay and others won’t or they won’t keep up to it .. my clients come back every time when due as the price is fair and affordable.

Always use new ones , never just push them up and reclamp as you will damage the clients hair. I charge the same as a fitting price. Full head £60 150 bonds. Takes me around 2 hours. Don’t think £30 an hour is bad at all. Some people get greedy and charge a lot more around £80-£100. Some clients will pay and others won’t or they won’t keep up to it .. my clients come back every time when due as the price is fair and affordable.
Thankyou for your advice! Makes perfect sense xx

i always use silicon lined, the ones i use from Mooi and Viola on ebay.

the silicon never slips out of mine, they are slightly shorter than the bead so when they are clamped down they don't stick out. occasionaly one or two do but i'd rather have the extra protection in there anyways.

one of them do darker beads with a dark silicon, so even if they do slip slightly it won't be clear popping out the bottom :)

Latest posts

Back