Mini manicure tips, re: prep?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nail angel 67

Reaction score
When doing a mini manicure and tidying up the cuticles is it best to do a dry prep as you would when using a nail system or would you use cuticle remover? Basically, would using the cuticle remover maybe lessen the time the polish lasts at all? Also, is scrubfresh still a good idea with a basic manicure too?

It's so long since I trained in basic manicures but due to demand I'm going to offer them as well as Gelish now.

Thanks

Please - any tips? Thanks guys x

I do a dry prep if the cuticles are in good condition but use cuticle remover if they are over grown, ragged etc.

I'm not sure about scrub fresh as its for dehydrating the nail plate which you don't need for normal polish

I do a dry prep if the cuticles are in good condition but use cuticle remover if they are over grown, ragged etc.

I'm not sure about scrub fresh as its for dehydrating the nail plate which you don't need for normal polish

Hi RachelLynch

Thank you so much for that - I'll take that on board and only use the cuticle remover if the cuticles are really bad. Also, won't bother using the scrubfresh then except for my Gelish customers x

I tend to use the same procedure for normal Manicures as I do for Shellac.

Sanitise, cut/file nails, CuticleAway then remove cuticle, wash hands with warm soapy water to neutralise CuticleAway, ScrubFresh then apply.

I've never done it any other way (except I used to use NSI's Vanish to remove the cuticle, and NailPurePlus as a dehydrator).

I find my polish lasts around 8 days (that's without topcoating it every few days).

xx

I tend to use the same procedure for normal Manicures as I do for Shellac.

Sanitise, cut/file nails, CuticleAway then remove cuticle, wash hands with warm soapy water to neutralise CuticleAway, ScrubFresh then apply.

I've never done it any other way (except I used to use NSI's Vanish to remove the cuticle, and NailPurePlus as a dehydrator).

I find my polish lasts around 8 days (that's without topcoating it every few days).

xx

Thanks for that. So it's safe to wash hands then? This won't make them too porous?

I was told when I was training (quite a while ago), that the natural oils in your nails, can cause chipping. So a quick wipe with Scrub Fresh won't do any harm, I normally do and my polished clients get about 4-6days out of their polish.

Of course you can wash the hands hun, as long as you don't leave them soaking for 20 odd mins you'll be fine! You need the warm soapy water to neutralise the CuticleAway or it could affect the longevity of the polish job. Quick scrub with a nail brush and you know the nails are clean without absorbing too much water.

xx

Of course you can wash the hands hun, as long as you don't leave them soaking for 20 odd mins you'll be fine! You need the warm soapy water to neutralise the CuticleAway or it could affect the longevity of the polish job. Quick scrub with a nail brush and you know the nails are clean without absorbing too much water.

xx

OK that's great - will do that from now on. Thanks very much x

I was told by my CND educator on the shellac course that water- hot or cold- is enough to neutralise cuticle away. No need for soap. Easy peasy :) hope it helps x

Latest posts

Back