Minimum Call Out For Mobile?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jaffacake

Malamute Geek!
Reaction score
Hi, Can anyone tell me if they have a minimum call out for mobile? Im tweaking my price list again and my hubby was asking if i was going to have a minimum call out charge? My cheapest service other than one nail repair is £8 for a paint and shape, he said would you want to go 8 miles to do that, 8 miles back etc? I dont see how i can advertise the price and that i go to the area, then tell them they have to pay more?

Anyone else got any views on this?

Thanks x

Hi there,

I never thought about a minimum charge before, but ya hubby is right ! I dunno how much ya could charge but its worth thinking about.

Sorry i havent really been much help.

hi ya mine is £12 for the min call out i think it encourages my clients to have another treatment other than a reshape and polish xx

my cheapest treatment is £12.50 i plan to go about 10 miles after that i will add an extra charge for travelling

Although i think its a good idea to do i don't think its fair to say to someone who lives at the edge of your boundary, i will have to charge you more as you live further away. i would include it in your prices in the first place, i know that means raising your prices but then it will mean it levels out in the end. For someone who lives local they are helping to pay for the fact you may have to travel a longer distance the next time.

The way i look at it is how would you feel if a friend of yours lived a couple of miles closer but paid less than you for the same treatment? I know its hard when you're mobile, i know i do the same thing, but its a case of thinking how far you wanna go when doing all your treatments.

Admittedly i wouldn't want to go 8 miles to just do a shape and polish which probably wouldn't be worth the cost of the petrol to do it. So up your prices accordingly or put a note to say if a small treatment wanted a minor charge may be added. personallyi would up your prices.

Hope this helps.

Hi
I've had the same problem. I had a call asking me to replace two nails ( another tech applied the set) but the client lives in the next town 25 mins away. I charge 2.70 per tip to re-place a nail. This is a new client and will be the first time I have visited her. I get the impression that if she is happy will become a regular client as she would prefer a mobile tech to visit her home as she has small children. Anyway the first time I don't mind but in the future I think I'm going to have to ask a call out charge as I'm not going that far to re-place one nail for 2.70. What do you think would be reasonable?

Ok ive decided to make my minimum call out charge £8 as that is the price of my paint and shape, and like you say, im not going to travel half an hour to replace a tip! Ive put it on my price list and my website so all my clients will know in advance and im sure they can understand the reason for this. I decided that it would be unreasonable to increase charges for someone in my stated area, and you never know, i might get the friends, daughter etc! x

Latest posts

Back