Minimum charge for appointment from August 1st

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RosieR

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi geeks,
I have a number of clients desperate to return for just eyebrow waxing. It is nomally a £7 service taking no longer than 15/20 minutes. With the 20/30 minute wipe down extra time used it is not cost effective to provide this service on it's own. It will be minimal touch , hands in pockets if they can etc,etc.
All the clients in question have been coming for years most of them and I would feel awful if they left me. occasionally one or two have an eyebrow tint so that brings the price up.

For my covid safety charge which I know some of you are not charging. I am adding £3 on the pedicure service and £2 on any other service. Flat fee irrespective of the number of treatments.

Any suggestions gratefully received.
RosieR

I dint find it takes me any longer than normal to wipe down between clients. I work from home so I always have spaced my clients out more than a salon would. I haven’t added anything to my prices.

Hi Rosie

I’m dreading this exact same situation. I have loads of old ladies coming just for a chin thread too.

So far I’ve imposed a minimum charge, I have a couple of treatments just below my minimum charge which I don’t feel I can price increase up to my minimum charge, so I’ve let those go - when they return next month I’ll try and add on a brow thread or something, but I’m not too worried, it’s the 15/20 minute treatments that I can’t accept.

Most of my enquiries are by email and it’s easier writing than speaking about a minimum charge.

what I say is, “as I’m sure you can appreciate, I’ve had to make a few changes for Covid security and these have significantly increased my overheads per client, but not per treatment. In order to keep my price increases as low as possible, I feel the fairest way to manage this is with a minimum booking value of £40. I don’t want to charge you £40 for treatment request X, so what else would you like?” Then I suggest something that can be added.

It’s been so nice though, having a small number of clients all for reasonable values. I’ve reduced the time for a couple of treatments - pedis in particular and I’m not offering refreshments, it’s made me realise that I was about £10 too cheap before. Now the price I charge for the effort involved seems fair.

Although I really don’t want to turn away my loyal old ladies, I do have to treat myself properly. it wasn’t any trouble before and I was delighted to see them and an easy £10-15 - but right now I have to reduce the number of clients I see in a day for everyone’s safety. And I can’t afford to accept them back right now.

I am splitting my minimum charge between members of the same household, so if they bring me a grandchild or a sister for a back to back appointment without a treatment gap I’ll be very happy - and most of my older ladies have family.

Last edited:
I don’t think couch work is going to require as much cleaning as the nail desk set up so I’m not adding anything to my cost. Tbh I have my cleaning routine down to a fine art now and it doesn’t take long

Love Duchess’s idea of minimum charge within the same family though

Latest posts

Back