MINX - Advice on training!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Creative Cal

Reaction score
Hi

I am really really keen to start using minx especially with all the great reviews on here!

So, my question is...what is the best way to train to do minx?? I know i can buy a kit from CND, and I know there is a promotional day in Leeds on 20th July but I don treally want to wait that long.......

Help!

XXXXXX

Hi caroline, go onto s2 and they have a tutorial on there,,,hth xx

Hi Katie - will do - dying to try a set out on my toes!!!!

see you monday!

xx

I brought some zebra ones off ebay the other day, and did my toes yesterday. Every one said they looked lovely. Were not bad for a first attempt.

I brought some zebra ones off ebay the other day, and did my toes yesterday. Every one said they looked lovely. Were not bad for a first attempt.

just wondered why you got them off ebay and not from the distributors?

I am not qualified so dont think I can? I wont be a student until Sept either.

Hi caroline, I got the black skull one, I am dying to try them, but have not got a minute to myself to sit and experiment.

Me myself personally think that buying off ebay just makes the product become non-exclusive and also risks the product looking bad, as these people buying do not know how to apply properly, or can not offer follow up advice or after care. I know of a few training schools, who train with a certain product name (not naming who) whom are selling CND and minx products, it makes me mad as these people are not authorised to do so.

kate xxx

Me myself personally think that buying off ebay just makes the product become non-exclusive ....
kate xxx

I said just this on a previous thread! People don't seem too bothered by the "rogue" ebayers but I am really cross! I would say that Minxing makes up about 25% of my income currently as I have given it a huge push and am doing lots of Minx Parties. If people realise they can get it off ebay it just dilutes its impact. The people selling it must be qualified nail techs and really they should be supporting their profession. Shame on them I say!!!!!!!!!!

well personally I would wait to be trained in Leeds. reason being that they look a little faffy (if you know what i mean) and from my experience, getting the right training the first time round means that you get better quicker, have less problems and therefore can offer it to your clients quicker.

I always practise new things on friends until I am 100% happy to get my paying clients to hand over their cash for treatments.

but thats just me. I dont think you will regret waiting a few weeks. the best things in life are worth waiting for!

tigi

Thanks for all your advice - I have booked a 1 to 1 training session on Saturday and bought a few patterns to try out!
I would also agree with the statement about ebay, as I am sure everyone who has trained with Creative will also agree!
xxx

Don't forget there is a minx day at Leeds on 20th July,i am not sure how far that is from you...my nearest one is Bournemouth so i will be attending it...and at last something so close at hand for me now!:green:.....the sad thing is that the new enamels will not be there....and my poor hubby is getting the brunt of my impatience:eek::lol:

You can also check out this on line tutorial/class to keep your memory fresh.

Minx Nail Coverings

Latest posts

Back