Minx again (I know, I know!)

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Envylicious

Reaction score
Sorry guys but I am struggling a bit with applying Minx. I have done my own toenails and am really pleased with the effect, but I really struggled with filing off the excess. I cut the Minx with a couple of mm's to spare so that I could finish off with the Minx file, but it doesn't seem to file off very easily. Any ideas or is there a video that I can watch. Looked on S2 website but there isn't a tutorial on there.:D

When I do toe nails I use toe nail clippers to cut off the excess, and it doesnt make them last any different I find this better xxx

If there is enough free edge on the toenails I use clippers too. If they are tiny I use scissors. I prefer the file though. Try soaking it in hot soapy water to clean out all the adhesive. The difference is amazing when you use a clean file

Yep .. clean your file with very hot soapy water because they get clogged quickly with the warm adhesive. You can use other types of files too ... experiment.

Thanks a lot. Maybe it doesn't help when you are bent double trying to do your own toenails, especially when you are recovering from a slipped disk!:rolleyes:

I'm sure it doesn't!! :hug:

I find it difficult and I do not have the excuse of a slipped disc either!!

I have the excuse of a slipped disk and old age setting in!!:D That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it:lol:

I'm sure it doesn't!! :hug:

I find it difficult and I do not have the excuse of a slipped disc either!!

can thefingers fit minx toes, i cant get the designs i need x

Hmmm, it would depend on the size of the big toenail. Some of the designs can be put on sideways too, so that might be an option. Otherwise, you can "piece" it together to get the width coverage you need. HTH

can thefingers fit minx toes, i cant get the designs i need x

I use fingers on toes and toes 0n fingers. Whatever it takes. You can always adjust to fit.

I did my Minx training yesterday and found it time consuming trying to file that ragged bit off.Does it definately have to be a glass file?I know Geeg said try different files but does this include non glass?

I did my Minx training yesterday and found it time consuming trying to file that ragged bit off.Does it definately have to be a glass file?I know Geeg said try different files but does this include non glass?

Actually a glass file does a great job .. but never 'see saw' back and forth .. ONE direction only and firm pressure cuts right through the Minx in one stroke, then move and another and so on until you've gone right along the free edge. You are probably being too 'gentle' which is why it is taking you longer.

I have also used the 240 side of a normal file, but actually prefer the glass files for this job myself. I have some much larger glass files which have a bit more oomph to them and more power behind them being larger. The small Minx glass files are what I retail to clients to keep edges smooth and neat at home. They love them and they sell very well being a bit of a novelty to them... I've sold shed loads.

Actually a glass file does a great job .. but never 'see saw' back and forth .. ONE direction only and firm pressure cuts right through the Minx in one stroke, then move and another and so on until you've gone right along the free edge. You are probably being too 'gentle' which is why it is taking you longer.

I have also used the 240 side of a normal file, but actually prefer the glass files for this job myself. I have some much larger glass files which have a bit more oomph to them and more power behind them being larger. The small Minx glass files are what I retail to clients to keep edges smooth and neat at home. They love them and they sell very well being a bit of a novelty to them... I've sold shed loads.

Ah ok,I did try to put a bit more force behind it but maybe not enough.We had the little Minx glass files to use when training but will try a larger one as you recommend.Thankyou.x

Ah ok,I did try to put a bit more force behind it but maybe not enough.We had the little Minx glass files to use when training but will try a larger one as you recommend.Thankyou.x

Finding the right angle helps. I don't file across the free edge but tend to file DOWNward from the free edge. I can use more pressure this way and the file tends to cut right through. Happy days.

Hi,
Can you tell me where you got your large glass file from please, was it S2? Maybe that's why I am struggling - using the Minx file.

Hi,
Can you tell me where you got your large glass file from please, was it S2? Maybe that's why I am struggling - using the Minx file.

LOL I get them off the market here in Spain. I can use any file though. I use the big one for fingers and the Minx file for toes as it is smaller and finer for those little piggies!!!

Finding the right angle helps. I don't file across the free edge but tend to file DOWNward from the free edge. I can use more pressure this way and the file tends to cut right through. Happy days.

Yes I filed downwards and it went through the Minx, it was just I had the ragged bit hanging on and had to avoid temptation to rip it off:o.

Everyone loving my Minx in the salon:DI just need to get the lamp asap so I can start using my Minx I bought yesterday, on clients.

LOL I get them off the market here in Spain. I can use any file though. I use the big one for fingers and the Minx file for toes as it is smaller and finer for those little piggies!!!

lol oh to be in spain, hey i wish we're back to rain here. thanks for those tips i think i've been a bit too gentle with my minx also.
its sooooo tricky though on the people who insist on chopping their to nails as far down as is possible, how the hell they dont get ingrowing toe nails is beyond me!

Did my first client with Minx last night - on her toes. I know what you mean about short! It is so tricky trying to make a neat job of Minx when there is no free edge to cut to. Managed to do it in then end, but I was sweating a bit:D Did her fingernail with Shellac which she loved, couldn't believe that it was dry straight away. Must admit they did look lovely.

Latest posts

Back