Minx at Nails Inc

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kirsty_

Reaction score
ok so i might be alone here in thinking this but i am really annoyed about all the press surrounding the launch of minx at nails inc/debenhams. all the press articles are saying there are only 3 designs available and that its exclusive to them. its been in daily mail, cosmo, handbag.com to name a few. why cant people get their info right so as not to mislead the public. anyway curiosity got the better of me and i went down to my local debenhams and sure enough they are doing them, they only have silver lightning, gold lightning and cheetah metallic. I asked the girl what they were and she said 'latest celeb craze,only avail to nails inc in whole of uk and last for a week' hmmmmm, not entirely true!!! one girl was even trying to use a normal nail file and not crystal one!! has anyone else heard anything about this? surely they cant falsely advertise like this??

ok so i might be alone here in thinking this but i am really annoyed about all the press surrounding the launch of minx at nails inc/debenhams. all the press articles are saying there are only 3 designs available and that its exclusive to them. its been in daily mail, cosmo, handbag.com to name a few. why cant people get their info right so as not to mislead the public. anyway curiosity got the better of me and i went down to my local debenhams and sure enough they are doing them, they only have silver lightning, gold lightning and cheetah metallic. I asked the girl what they were and she said 'latest celeb craze,only avail to nails inc in whole of uk and last for a week' hmmmmm, not entirely true!!! one girl was even trying to use a normal nail file and not crystal one!! has anyone else heard anything about this? surely they cant falsely advertise like this??

Well everyone else seems to do it!! lol

What about those who claim gel nails are healthier and better for nails and those who claim to have the fastest soak off gels that ... aren't :rolleyes:... there are thousands of examples.

Seems people say anything these days to get attention for their business .. Are your clients going to troop off to Debenhams to get their Minx done? Not if they know you have it.

Honestly there really are more important issues to get all het up about than this?

I agree with Geeg to a certain extent but it does annoy me when the 'big boys' use their access to the press to give less than factual information.

However, there has been LOADS of press about Minx (including a lot from me) and there has been many, many mentions of where to find salons offering Minx. The recommendation has been to either contact S2 or look at minxmynails.co.uk

If you're not on that site and offer Minx I suggest you get on there smartish :eek:

I agree with Geeg to a certain extent but it does annoy me when the 'big boys' use their access to the press to give less than factual information.

However, there has been LOADS of press about Minx (including a lot from me) and there has been many, many mentions of where to find salons offering Minx. The recommendation has been to either contact S2 or look at minxmynails.co.uk

If you're not on that site and offer Minx I suggest you get on there smartish :eek:

I have registered my details three times with minxmynails.co.uk and got nowhere!! Anyone else had these problems?

I also agree to a point with Kirsty but I guess the publicity is good.

I Worked For Nails Inc, And They Get Polishes And Minx Designed For Them ( They Had 4 Colours Made For Them Last Year From London Fashion Week By A Famous Designer Cant Say Who) You Can Use Any File Just Have To Be Gentle

Tilly

I Worked For Nails Inc, And They Get Polishes And Minx Designed For Them ( They Had 4 Colours Made For Them Last Year From London Fashion Week By A Famous Designer Cant Say Who) You Can Use Any File Just Have To Be Gentle

Tilly

Tilly, I am sorry but as the distributor for Minx and the one who deals with Nails Inc direct - the info you have posted is incorrect re Minx.

As to the original poster on Minx at Nails Inc - most people do seem to do or say stuff that make them look like the 'only ones' to use Minx... just be glad of the huge amount of PR that we have had this year to benefit you - our customer. Number 2 in Grazia's product of 2009 - Vogue 5 months running - Marian Newman and many otyher session teks using this product and showcasing it to uber talented and famous people.

The Nails Inc team will do very well with the 3 metallics they have because that is their market. You guys are offering far more than 3 designs... concentrate on what you are doing - not what everyone else is doing.

That's how we work and it works vey well - don't compete - be creative (and I mean creative with a small c - although being creative with a cap C is very cool too)...:):hug:

Last edited by a moderator:

Tilly

Not true on both counts!!

Minx are NOT designed for NI. The 3 they are using are the 3 most popular that every Minx pro uses. They HAVE designed some for me to do the Alexander McQueen show (twice).

The 4 colours that they made last year were for ME to do 4 specific shows during London Fashion Week. You can say who. It is definitely no secret at all!!!

If this is what you have been told then you have been told wrong information.

IT DOSENT SURPRISE ME WITH NAILS INC.
I worked for them for over 2 years and managed 2 of there stores after that.
They are cheeky but can do whatever they want really, the girls are not even trained properly.
i left and started up my own business, now they charge 50.00 i charge 30.00 and they do the advirtising- it works both ways. i compare my prices to what they use to be.

One thing that really does bug me, is we got given new products to use at nails inc ( bio sculpture)
never got trained just given them. 13 techs at my store then started to use it charging 50.00 and extra for soak off's.
when i left i was not aloud to use it i had to pay to do all the training, on bs behalf is good.
my point is nails inc staff should have propper and updated training, if the techs were good and followed procedures we wouldnt moan about them.
there are only 3 good techs in every 10 there :(

IT DOSENT SURPRISE ME WITH NAILS INC.
I worked for them for over 2 years and managed 2 of there stores after that.
They are cheeky but can do whatever they want really, the girls are not even trained properly.
i left and started up my own business, now they charge 50.00 i charge 30.00 and they do the advirtising- it works both ways. i compare my prices to what they use to be.

One thing that really does bug me, is we got given new products to use at nails inc ( bio sculpture)
never got trained just given them. 13 techs at my store then started to use it charging 50.00 and extra for soak off's.
when i left i was not aloud to use it i had to pay to do all the training, on bs behalf is good.
my point is nails inc staff should have propper and updated training, if the techs were good and followed procedures we wouldnt moan about them.
there are only 3 good techs in every 10 there :(
p.s im going by the stores i know not everyone, incase i upset anyone x

minx nails are fab and you do not have to use the crystal file as the normail file does the same thing

minx nails are fab and you do not have to use the crystal file as the normail file does the same thing

Normal files are far too rough, i have tried both ways and much much prefer a crystal file.

Minx are amazing addition in my salon especially with holiday season in full flow

Normal files are far too rough, i have tried both ways and much much prefer a crystal file.

Minx are amazing addition in my salon especially with holiday season in full flow

I agree and you only have to look in the Minx lovers group to see which have been done with an ordinary file as opposed to a glass file; The finish is far superior with glass.

Maybe one reason why so many complain about the lasting ability on finger nails is because they do not use the recommended glass type of files. Of course the complainers fail to tell that bit of the story. lol

i'm glad i read this. I went on a minx course and they demonstrated using a 'normal' emery board style file. I did wonder at the time TBH!

I'm so glad I havent purchased anything yet as I feel I wouldn't be correctly using the product. I will be finding a different course to attend as I feel I could've been demonstrated wrongly. Especially if the length of time Minx lasts depends on the file. Thanks peeps!

i'm glad i read this. I went on a minx course and they demonstrated using a 'normal' emery board style file. I did wonder at the time TBH!

I'm so glad I havent purchased anything yet as I feel I wouldn't be correctly using the product. I will be finding a different course to attend as I feel I could've been demonstrated wrongly. Especially if the length of time Minx lasts depends on the file. Thanks peeps!

It doesn't really depend solely on the file used, but if a file tears up the edge and leaves bits flapping then it stands to reason it is not going to last and will probably peel.

I have used a 240 grit fine file and had good results.

An emery board though ... (didn't even know they existed anymore lol) would definitley tear up and leave a raggedy edge. They tear up the edge of the natural nail too .. never use them.

If you want the Minx video tutorial sending to you then pm me with your email address (only available for one week to download).

Latest posts

Back