Quantcast

Minx before a pedicure or after?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

dixie99

Reaction score
Hi geeks

I have a pedicure and a minx later what would you recommend doing first?
Xx

beauty_sarah

Reaction score
Pedi, try nt to soak the nails for too long n make sure their dry! If its just her cuticles she wants doing then u don't need to do a pedi! X

Klassy Klaws

Reaction score
You would perform you Minx treatment first then do all your pedicure steps.
You don't want to be adding moisture or oils to the nails before applying Minx.

Andrea85

Reaction score
I was advised on my CND pedi course not to do a pedi involving soak at the same appointment as the Minx service.

Klassy Klaws

Reaction score
You certainly can do a Perdicure treatment along with your Minx treatment, they can complement each other perfectly.
As I said you would perform the Minx service first then go on to soak, exfoliate, mask and massage as doing any of these before hand wether it be a Pedicure or a Manicure would allow the nail plates to absorb water and oils therefore shortening the longetivity of the Minx.

Essential Bliss

Reaction score
As others have said,cuticle work then minx application,then soak,exfoliate,massage etc etc after :) :) xx

Essential Bliss Beauty Therapy

wendynailedit

Reaction score
I was also advised at my minx training not to include soak etc at a minx pedicure appointment. X

Andrea85

Reaction score
I was also advised at my minx training not to include soak etc at a minx pedicure appointment. X
I knew it wasn't just me! I actually raised the issue during the class by saying if I'm Minxing would I do it as I would Shellac - apply first and soak later - but was told that they should not have it done at the same appointment x

Jinxx

Reaction score
Hi all

Minx can be applied at the same time as a pedicure providing all steps are followed throughly. Ideally waiting 24 hours after a pedicure would be great to ensure there is no excess moisture from soaking the feet affecting the shape of the nail or if doing Minx after a pedicure - oils etc. But we know that waiting 24 hours isnt always viable for the client and Minx and Shellac do go great with Manicure or Pedicure as a luxury treatment.
So there are no right or wrong way of doing a service its just which works best for you and the client. If doing Minx prior to a pedicure maybe soak feet for a shorter length of time, dry throughly and prep etc. If applying Minx after a pedicure shorter soaking time and very through scrubfresh of the nails prior to application.

Kelly Winterbrun

CND Education Ambassador -Team CND
Sweet Squared

Latest posts