Minx before a pedicure or after?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dixie99

Reaction score
Hi geeks

I have a pedicure and a minx later what would you recommend doing first?
Xx

Pedi, try nt to soak the nails for too long n make sure their dry! If its just her cuticles she wants doing then u don't need to do a pedi! X

You would perform you Minx treatment first then do all your pedicure steps.
You don't want to be adding moisture or oils to the nails before applying Minx.

I was advised on my CND pedi course not to do a pedi involving soak at the same appointment as the Minx service.

You certainly can do a Perdicure treatment along with your Minx treatment, they can complement each other perfectly.
As I said you would perform the Minx service first then go on to soak, exfoliate, mask and massage as doing any of these before hand wether it be a Pedicure or a Manicure would allow the nail plates to absorb water and oils therefore shortening the longetivity of the Minx.

As others have said,cuticle work then minx application,then soak,exfoliate,massage etc etc after :) :) xx

Essential Bliss Beauty Therapy

I was also advised at my minx training not to include soak etc at a minx pedicure appointment. X

I was also advised at my minx training not to include soak etc at a minx pedicure appointment. X

I knew it wasn't just me! I actually raised the issue during the class by saying if I'm Minxing would I do it as I would Shellac - apply first and soak later - but was told that they should not have it done at the same appointment x

Hi all

Minx can be applied at the same time as a pedicure providing all steps are followed throughly. Ideally waiting 24 hours after a pedicure would be great to ensure there is no excess moisture from soaking the feet affecting the shape of the nail or if doing Minx after a pedicure - oils etc. But we know that waiting 24 hours isnt always viable for the client and Minx and Shellac do go great with Manicure or Pedicure as a luxury treatment.
So there are no right or wrong way of doing a service its just which works best for you and the client. If doing Minx prior to a pedicure maybe soak feet for a shorter length of time, dry throughly and prep etc. If applying Minx after a pedicure shorter soaking time and very through scrubfresh of the nails prior to application.

Kelly Winterbrun

CND Education Ambassador -Team CND
Sweet Squared

Latest posts

Back