Minx big toes! Not enough

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hayleymildoon

Reaction score
Does anyone else hate how minx only provide one large big toe ??
I'm stuck with loads of half used minx. Can u just buy big toes???

This has been suggested before. I only do Minx on toes and I have loads of strips with only small sizes on. People have suggested creative ways to use them up, but personally I would prefer at least 2 more of the biggest size in each pack.

Does anyone else hate how minx only provide one large big toe ??
I'm stuck with loads of half used minx. Can u just buy big toes???

You can accommodate overly large toe nails by doing the sides first and then overlaying the centre with the largest size! It is really very simple and no need to be left with unused bits that you could have used to fill in the sides of over large toenails to begin with! Maybe a class would have helped you to know what to do.

No, you cannot just buy out sized big toe nails. Use the ones you have to accommodate.

Depending on the patterns I turn the 2nd biggest minx on its side. I tend to get 2x toes and 1x fingers per sheet xx

Depending on the patterns I turn the 2nd biggest minx on its side. I tend to get 2x toes and 1x fingers per sheet xx

I also do this, turn the smaller sizes sideways and trim to fit.....x

I layer with strips to fit, I have just done a whole set on myself of tiny little offcuts of metallic cheetah I saved! Waste not want not! You would never know! xx

This is a good post, I have this problem too. I didn't know you could layer the minx, I've always worried it might lift if it overlapped. They never mentioned this in the minx class i did. And also turning them sideways is a great tip, lol, the simple things you just don't think of. Love this site! X

I use every last little piece of minx up! Minx and shellac look fab together, a perfect shellac manicure with minx just on the ring fingers looks great and ive found it very popular!

dont waste any, it can all be used! I also cut shapes out of any left over bits, If i have a couple of fingers left out of a pack I tend to cut triangle shapes out of it and then do a shellac manicure and pop the minx triangles at the bottom of the nail and shellac top coat over. Stays on for weeks and blings up the shellac!

:)

I get 3 sets of minx toes out of a sheet with lots of smaller sized ones to use up has ring finger feature nails or nail art. I use my minx sideways too and not all clients have overly large big toes. I try and use the 3rd largest size first if it fits the big toe and save the bigger sizes for the larger than normal big toes :biggrin:

Still think they should do two more of the larger ones - would make life a lot easier!

I usually manage get 3 full sets from Minx but I also use up the smaller sizes by doing swarovski crystal big toes and Minx on the 4 smaller toes.

Or even just make the largest one longer to accomodate two toes??! Its not the width of the largest wrap I struggle with its the length. For this reason i also use kooky, their templates are quite a bit longer. Also rockstar on the big toe with minx in the others looks nice. X

Sent from my X10i using SalonGeek

But u can't go sideways with all patterns and can't overlap if it's silver or plain colours but yes thank u iv overlapped in leopard etc

You can accommodate overly large toe nails by doing the sides first and then overlaying the centre with the largest size! It is really very simple and no need to be left with unused bits that you could have used to fill in the sides of over large toenails to begin with! Maybe a class would have helped you to know what to do.

No, you cannot just buy out sized big toe nails. Use the ones you have to accommodate.

I did the minx course at Sweet Squared and there was no mention of doing sides first. What do you do for none patterned ones? X

I too mainly do toes! Only do a hand full of fingers a year!!
I found with the old minx sheets i got more sets of big toes but with the new minx sheets you can turn them on a side!
Why not contact Minx direct and let them know your point of view! As Sweet Squared dont make them the just distribute them!

Sent from my HTC Vision using SalonGeek

Do you know what, there is a lot of talk of "have you had Minx training", but training must seriously vary significantly as I've pretty much taught myself from reading all these posts and watching video clips.

I initially did a Minx course at a CND academy and thought it was useless, we didn't even get printed notes, in the limited time we had, we had to scribble our own notes and the experience left me without any confidence!

It was basically an expensive demo and then off to try it between two students. Just basic application which to be honest now looking back was easily learnt here.

No mention whatsoever of how to reuse the left over strips so perhaps you experienced Minxers could possibly show us with some photos or videos!!!

I'm not saying all Minx training is like this, I'm sure there are some really indepth helpful courses, but they are not all the same.

Please do continue to share the tips.

S x

Have to agree about training. I'd practiced on myself and my daughter before course-2hrs. But others on course spent more time discussing their various jobs and asking about Shellac! as it was still quite new to the industry.
There was an odd number in course so I had to wait and be model for 2 others. Then I only had time to apply 1 Minx to a nail!
I have certificate which I waited an age for but have learnt everything I know from experience and going for a v bad application at another salon - how NOT to apply is also useful! Lol! X

:)

im going to give this a go!! thanks hun xx

I turn mine sideways and use the sideways piece for my toes and save the big toe for a client!

I do wish I could go to other salons to have Minx, I think that way you would learn the most, however, its not an option here as I think I'm the only person to offer it!

Would love to see photos of the big toe patch, would be really useful. Do you not see it overlap?

I'm also going to use some of my left overs on colour pops to show to clients, think they will look better than being on a strip and might encourage them to have one finger done with their Shellac.

I am sorry to moan about the training, I just think sometimes its overrated. Think the academy I used wasn't great, I did 5 courses and didn't rate any of them, think they are all too condensed and oversubscribed. Would have preferred to pay more and have a full day or a full half day and leave feeling confident. I am actually thinking of doing the one-to-one training at another CND academy to help me improve but then think I should have learnt more in the initial courses. When funds allow I'll decide if I'll take the risk again!

Latest posts

Back