'Minx coat' under gel

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bud

Reaction score
I've just seen this on the Facebook page for nail artist Classic Mully, I thought I would find info on here but I didn't. I'm so puzzled. The videos claim its suitable for any gel or acrylic and under polish or gel polishes and in the case of enhancements, can be used as a form also.

I'd love to know what the general feeling is about this product X

Its not unusual for me to find myself being the last person to comment but I am confused by this one lol....Maybe this topic has been done and I'm just not finding it or is every one reading and assuming the OP is asking about The Minx nail coverings we are all already familiar with? Minx Coat is not the same, this is a product Minx says can go under polish, gel polishes, gel and acrylic that enables the products to then be peeled off rather than soaking or buffing off. The Minx Coat can also be pinched past the free edge to form a form to sculpt on.

Mrs Geek was asking for feed back on these the other day. Not that that's any use to you haha, but I think people were given the chance to try them at Olympia, so hopefully someone on here may come along and help. :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Thanks :) I thought I'd order a trial pack to see what its all about but the Minx site will only let you order if you order the complete Minx starter set too which I don't want or need to do. I mailed them but no response :|

Seen that, its not quite the same as feedback from people who have tried it x

So I tried the minx coat thinking it would be a wonderful idea as I often change my nails and have sensitive skin.

Application:
Took me about 45 mins, I have quiet long almond shape nails and I could NOT get them on without wrinkling. I don't think they are designed for anything other than flat square nails.

Look:
I wasn't too fussed about this as I would be Shellac'ing over the top, however without shellac it looks like you have been wrapping presents and got Sellotape stuck on your nails.

Rating:
3 out of 10
The idea is good & I don't think application was too hard given I did my own.
However they looked too horrendous to shellac and I ended up taking them off. They didn't ruin my natural nails and left no residue on my nails. I did have to buff it off in a few areas because it was so wrinkly. ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1414096003.050411.jpg

Here is a picture of one hand with minx coat on and one once removed.

I don't think il be investing.ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1414095967.015575.jpg

I havent seen any videos of it with Shellac, there is one by Minx with polish but I have noticed it seems to be mainly shown on short nails as a base for gel and acrylic. In a video Minx shared of a russian tech using it she seemed to heat it under a heat lamp, not sure if thats standard procedure or just what she has found works for her, short nails again though.

Latest posts

Back