Minx - faulty batch???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

supermummy

Reaction score
I have done silver lightning on two ladies this morning. Same nail prep and application method that I have used on over 30 clients so far with no complaints at all.

I have had a phone message this evening that within an hour of me doing them, both sets had started lifting and the big toes almost off completely. I am so upset - one lady is a repeat and has booked a party and the other (her friend) wanted to book a party. Now I am unhappy that these ladies won't bother again.

I have agreed to return in the morning to see what I can do but I don't really want to use the rest of the sheets because the only thing I can think is that I have a faulty batch. How else do you explain it when all the other variables are the same?

I am thrilled with Minx generally and what it has done for my business on a whole but at the end of the day sometimes things slip through quality control and all I can think is that this has happened here.

Please let me know what you guys think?

I've arranged to see them both in the morning (they are friends) and I am sure they haven't damaged them themselves. For it to happen on multiple nails within an hour then there's some other factor involved.

Everything I have done is the same so that is why I am suggesting I might have a faulty batch. I am not critising minx before anyone gets on the bandwagon, I love the product and have had a lot of success with it and just think I have been unlucky with these ones.

I just realised that sounded stroppy - I didn't mean it too. I just meant that people can get defensive if they feel that something they love is being criticized and I'm not!

Well the thing to do is to send them back to S2 to have a look and they will replace them for you if you have indeed got a faulty batch.

I know it doesn't solve your problem for tomorrow .. perhaps ask your friends to choose a different design.

It is a shame when things like this happen but it needs checking out with the right people who can really help you instead of speculating!!

some clients wear tight fitted shoes and this can cause a problem... or if they have moisturised their feet b4 app be sure to prep properly xx good luck xx:hug:

I have emailed S2 today and will take it up directly with them. I just posted on here in case anyone could advise me if they had the same. I have compared it with old stock and it is definitely different material.

Latest posts

Back