Minx - Finishing Layer

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeautyByNikki

Reaction score
Hi Geeks,

On my Minx course, we didn't put any top coat over the Minx but the tutor mentioned we could put a glossy top coat on if we want to.

I did a trial on my colleague, one hand with a layer of Gel over the top which was great, and one hand with a couple of different Orly top coats.

The Sec n Dry was not good - it rippled the Minx.

The Glosser was good, nice and glossy as you would expect.

However, hers really lifted at the ends within a day.

My question is, what do you finish with when you do your Minx nails. And how long does that make them last?

We're going to offer a layer of Gel over the top but obviously charge more.

I think my application was good, but they shouldn't lift within a day. Could it be because she's a therapist and her hands were in water a lot. Or should that not affect them?

(And I have searched for answers to this question but couldn't see anything specific to my question)

Thanks!

I'm just wondering if I posted this at the wrong time of day before as no one has answered me. Does anyone do MINX and use something on top?

I'm really in need of advice here x

I think this has been covered a few times before. Try searching or looking in the Minx group x

Hi Geeks,

On my Minx course, we didn't put any top coat over the Minx but the tutor mentioned we could put a glossy top coat on if we want to.

I did a trial on my colleague, one hand with a layer of Gel over the top which was great, and one hand with a couple of different Orly top coats.

The Sec n Dry was not good - it rippled the Minx.

The Glosser was good, nice and glossy as you would expect.

However, hers really lifted at the ends within a day.

My question is, what do you finish with when you do your Minx nails. And how long does that make them last?

We're going to offer a layer of Gel over the top but obviously charge more.

I think my application was good, but they shouldn't lift within a day. Could it be because she's a therapist and her hands were in water a lot. Or should that not affect them?

(And I have searched for answers to this question but couldn't see anything specific to my question)

Thanks!

I have been told its preference whether you use a topcoat, I used my konad nailart topcoat over mine (more because it was the first one to hand) that has worked really well. I think I am going to offer a gel topcoat though.

Hth a little.......

Latest posts

Back