MINX - gallery of real images!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

supermummy

Reaction score
It's been mentioned on here and I totally agree that the images of minx designs are really poor quality and are hard for the clients to choose from.

I have been collating a photo gallery of "real" images whenever I do a new design but with the huge amount of minx designs it will take literally forever to get a gallery them all.

If anyone has the same problem, my suggestion is we share images to hopefully build a "real" gallery quicker. I would be happy to collate images then send them as a compressed file (ZIP) to any contributors. I think this would be the best way to do it rather than uploading the images to a forum so that we retain the file quality incase anyone wants to print them as a photo for an album.

Sorry if it's a rubbish idea I just thought it might help some people in the same boat as me.

On party nights I have had ladies look at others minxes and comment that they would have had that design but wasn't sure how it would look!

i think this is a really good idea! x

I 2nd, that sounds like a good plan. :green:

fab idea, i am happy to send photos on, just started up with minx and have lots of people interested so can def contribute. how do i get any photos over to you or shall we add them to the minx lovers link on here? x

Lovely, sounds like it wasn't a crazy idea after all!

Anyone who wants to participate and receive the gallery, send me a PM and I will send you my email address for you to send images to. Then I will collate and send the images of all those who want to participate.

I will send the first one out when there are enough images to make it viable. I can then send out revised galleries as I got more contributions.

I think it is only fair that you can only receive the gallery if you submit some images, that way it is a fair trade-off.

Any other suggestions let me know.

or shall we add them to the minx lovers link on here? x

I thought about that but if you upload an image to the forum I think it automatically downsizes the quality. If people just want to use the images on a computer thats fine but I think a lot of people will want to print off images for clients to look at. Also not everyone who adds to the Minx Lovers link might want other people to use their image?

I have a 6x4 photo album which I have stuck my business card on the front cover and am adding photos to it all the time. I keep it in my handbag and if I get asked about my nails I whip out a business card and show off the album. I have had so many bookings just from self-marketing like this.

Last edited:
I think thats a good idea, I havent started minx yet but when I do, ill be very happy to contribute too! xx

Brilliant - thanks everyone.

So far we have 9 people sign-up to the idea and I have already received images from one person (you know who you are - thanks!).

If you want to sign-up just PM me and I will get back to you will my email address for you to send images to. When we have enough I will send out the gallery to all those who contribute.

Just remember the image needs to be big enough to print out clearly because a lot of people will want to have a "real" photo album gallery rather than just screen shots to show their clients. If you have a few images and it is too big to send an email just split it into a few emails.

Finally, it is worthwhile renaming the JPEG image with the name of the nails i.e. silver lightning. If we end up with multiple designs I will designate them silver lightning 1, 2, 3... so you can choose an image to use.

You're a genius!!!! How could you think this wasn't a good idea?! I've only Minx'd a couple of people. Perhaps I'll call them to come down to the salon and snap a photo and send it to you!

Thank you for putting this together!!!

Sincerely,

Shelly B

It is a brilliant idea, and it will be fantastic to see the different designs that are picked by clients. This is what this site is all about, I think. :hug:

Have sent you some piccys. :)

Great idea
:hug:

Great idea! as soon as i start to minx i'll definately send some pics! Think a gallery would help inspire minx newbies too!
xx

Brilliant idea I have PM`d you. xx

fantastic idea, I have had so many people say that the images on my website don't do the minx justice, off to scout around for some photos. i have a party of 13 coming up so will need to lend a decent camera for that one.

what a great idea! My minx kit arrives this week and I would love to contribute. xxxxxxxx

Have any of you thought that you may need permission to do this from MINX?? Just a thought.

I don't think they would need permission, however I know that Minx are working on being able to provide photo realistic imagery for each design.

HTHs!

Love this idea - I have PM you. Have a few images I can share! x

Have any of you thought that you may need permission to do this from MINX?? Just a thought.

I doubt that this would be the case and I don't think it is breaching any intellectual property rights. Remember that all this is doing is only showcasing the product we are permitted to use and its purpose is to enhance sales of the product.

No-one has said they have any issues with people putting images of their minxing on their websites or in albums etc... for clients to choose their Minx. I don't really see this as any different.

As far as sharing these images is concerned; if you take a photograph of something the photographer owns the rights to that image. Anyone who contributes is effectively giving others the rights to use that image.

As soon as Minx supply a better set of gallery images this DIY gallery will be redundant anyway (which with the work involved in collating it will hopefully be sooner rather than later!)

I doubt that this would be the case and I don't think it is breaching any intellectual property rights. Remember that all this is doing is only showcasing the product we are permitted to use and its purpose is to enhance sales of the product.

No-one has said they have any issues with people putting images of their minxing on their websites or in albums etc... for clients to choose their Minx. I don't really see this as any different.

As far as sharing these images is concerned; if you take a photograph of something the photographer owns the rights to that image. Anyone who contributes is effectively giving others the rights to use that image.

As soon as Minx supply a better set of gallery images this DIY gallery will be redundant anyway (which with the work involved in collating it will hopefully be sooner rather than later!)

As I said, it was just a thought.

Minx are very protective of the image of their brand and judging from some of the shots I'VE SEEN, I WOULD NOT BE HAPPY if it were my brand and THE IMAGES SHOWCASING IT on a site WERE AS BAD AS SOME OF THE WORK I'VE SEEN POSTED HERE ON THE SALON GEEK. But I guess they may have to put up with that from time to time.

If Samuel does not hve a problem with it then all is tickety boo.

Latest posts

Back