Minx, how much do you/will you charge?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hope

Reaction score
I guess the title says it all, I have just placed an order for some Minx (can't wait for them to arrive) but I was just wondering what sort of prices people are charging for these?

Thanks all xxx

I'm charging £30. This covers pushing the cuticles back, shaping the free edge and the application of Minx manicure or pedicure. The cost I believe is achievable and clients are willing to pay as Minx is a real fashion statment worn and endorsed by celebrities, durable and the choice is innovative, unusual and extensive.

I'm charging £30. This covers pushing the cuticles back, shaping the free edge and the application of Minx manicure or pedicure. The cost I believe is achievable and clients are willing to pay as Minx is a real fashion statment worn and endorsed by celebrities, durable and the choice is innovative, unusual and extensive.

£30????? I need to move to your area :lol:

I am going to be charging between 20-25 € (£15-20), that includes a mini pedicure to prep the nails prior to Minx appplication.

Thanks Sandi, I was thinking about £20, I wish I could charge £30, but I can't see that going down well here.....

ok...so say a client comes for her rebalance on her enhancemnets as normal...£25 and says she wants to try the minx ontop...how much extra would you charge...there is NO way i can charge another £30

ok...so say a client comes for her rebalance on her enhancemnets as normal...£25 and says she wants to try the minx ontop...how much extra would you charge...there is NO way i can charge another £30

Good Q..., I guess that would have to be a personal decision taking into account how much they cost you to purchase and what would be the minimum amount of profit you would want to make on them :confused:

When you know the answer give me a shout :lol:

For me, I am quoting £15 if taken with another service, eg, Spa mani or enhancements, or £20 as a standalone service to include cuticle tidy and shape.

I am getting people sounding happy with the price, and this isn't an expensive area.

You read my mind Angie....:hug:

You'll have to be charging in the region of double/treble the cost of the product IMO. Keeping in mind that we need to make a profit but not out-price ourselves.

Last edited:
I'm going to reserve judgement until I've seen the demo (hopefully at The Event!). After that, I'll need to know the price of the products and approximate treatment time to calculate my unit price, and to find out what the local going rate is before I can decide.

I'm going to reserve judgement until I've seen the demo (hopefully at The Event!). After that, I'll need to know the price of the products and approximate treatment time to calculate my unit price, and to find out what the local going rate is before I can decide.

Ditto here! I'll bet you'll have a pretty good point of reference in Yorkshire. Although, that could very well be a bad assumption; I'm simply basing it on the fact that the distributor is out there somewhere... *bad with geography*

If you were adding it as part of service or treatment like a maincure or pedicure i cant see much wrong with charging £10 more on top......its a treatment really rather than a product in my eyes (i mean that by the tools you use to apply). If you were adding paraffin wax as an extra most would charge extra for that wouldnt they?
And like sandi says you want to be earning out of it and the end of the day so you dont want to be giving it away.
:)

It's a toughie,i mean what about the clients who have fortnightly rebal ???? That all their Minx will last, making it costly IMO

I'm really looking forward to seeing it demo'ed at The Event as I'm really looking for little extras that I can give clients as add ons to natural nail care. Think they sound perfect!

As with most of you I'm reserving judgement on exactly what to charge yet. However I'm hoping to charge in the region of £20. It's just that at the moment I don't know how to apply them and how easy I will find them.

I think if you go as high as this price (which is WAY over what it should be in my opinion) you are doing two things to the detriment of your business.

1st You reduce the amount of times women will request the service and thus you will reduce Minx to a luxury service only for 'special' occasions and

2nd You open yourself up to let everyone else undercut your price in your area for doing the very same thing. :rolleyes:

I would rather my clients asked for Minx at every service or at least every other service than only for special occasions and I would not have to climb down or appear greedy compared to my competition.

Hello

I am so pleased that gigi resonded to this as I live in the Buckinghamshire area and I was thinking of setting my prices at around £15 to £20.

Yvonne

I personally think these prices are way too high,i intend to cover my cost,make a profit but make this service affordable at all appointments so as not to limit my clientelle. I'm thinking £10 atm, I would need to work that out more accurately but more than that,and as geeg say's it becomes for special occasions only. When you take into consideration the cost compared to enamel,base and top plus the time taken I don't think i can justify charging more,this is an alternative to enamel IMO and i will use it as such,just my thoughts on it :D

It wouldn't be worth adding to my menu at £10. I wouldn't make enough on them to cover my time. Given than its always good practise to prep you have to allow 30 mins per client and the cost is definitely more than base, enamel top cost etc.

A quick look at a few established Minx salons in the US suggests they go for between $45 and $80 USD. Thats about very approximately £25 to £43, the upper end of the scale being toes. I personally don't believe that my local economy would stand prices that high, but I have to cover my costs.

My research in my area show that people will pay £15-20 for them but no higher. I suspect you may be able to charge more in perhaps Central London etc.

That of course is all based on the coloured and metalic Minx. I would offer the clear slightly cheaper but personally I am struggling at the moment to understand how to differentiate the clear from a simple clear NNO, or clear polish. For me the designs are the attraction. I welcome input though, as I am happy to stand corrected if I have missed anything.

Can you clarify this the for me please:

What premium should you charge in addition to usual manicure price as with some of the prices quoted, it will be challenging to make a profit.

Many thanks

Cathy

Latest posts

Back