Minx - is it profitable?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lady_mai

Reaction score
Hi Ladys, Im considering training in mink but was told that you dont make alot of money from it compared to shellac/Gelicure. Not sure how true this it? I know we cant discuss actual figures ect but it would be lovely to head your thoughts and whether it is worth doing

thank you x

If you charge a reasonable fee for your Minx service and use the wraps efficiently by getting two or three sets from each packet, you will be making a decent margin. One of the untrained providers who charge £10 per service and use an entire packet per service because they aren't trained and have only watched the Lisa Eldridge video to know what they are doing won't be making any money at all.

I suppose it goes back to what we always say on here: get trained in it, know what you are doing, price it properly with help on the costings from your supplier and you'll be earning a decent margin.

The profit margin with Shellac/Gelicure will be much higher than with Minx. Even if you get 2/3 sets from a sheet the product cost is quite high compared to other services. The demand for it is not nearly as high as for gel polish.

However, it is a great add on service.

Thanks Both! I think with that in mind Juicy i probably wont bother as this is what i have heard. You get alot of applications with the gell which i like! Thanks :)

Hi, I'm new and start training soon so forgive me for sounding so thick, but even though you won't make as much money as shellac etc surely it's still worth doing as an add-on. I think of shellac as a day to day to evening out/special occasion product something that covers everything, Minx I always think of as a special occasion/summer time product but as I said I don't know, this is just my opinion.

Is there a lot more call for minx...especially on toe nails in the summer?

So long as you make a decent margin, make customers happy and don't have to turn people away who may come initially to try out Minx then surely it's worth doing.

xx

I think of Shellac, or any other similar product (I know Shellac is unique) as a daily basis. Who would want to be without that? I think of Minx as a great option for toes, probably mainly in the summer, but at any time. It sets your treatment list out as innovative and sets you out as a tech that offers great options.

I'm sorry, but I don't buy that it doesn't give you a big enough margin. If you work out true costs of your service and you are charging a reasonable price for that service, you will be making a decent margin.

yes you will still get a margin out of it but not a big margin..Some people choose to do the whole lot but i do a course at a time perfect it and then move to my next one.. i dont have tones of money to spend on courses so i would rather invest in the ones that are going to make my money back quickly! Im not saying il never do Minx but id rather do acrylic/nail art courses first x

You need to think everyone is going to want their nails painted a colour but not everyone wants a pattern xx

I agree that you will still be making a fair margin, but nowhere near as much as you will for enhancements or gel polish. Most salons are charging around the same amount for gel pedicures as they are for Minx pedicures. To make the same profit margin on Minx we would price ourselves out of our local markets.

I love Minx and its a great add on service, but I could not make a decent living out of it if I were doing it all day every day, I could with gel polish or enhancements. JMHO

I recommend that you check your demographic.

We put it on ourselves and wore it around town. We promoted it hardcore, but Minx didn't work for us. We finally removed it from our menu of services because it literally collected dust on our shelves. We jumped on the trend but our demographic is primarily middle aged professional women. They didn't buy into it.

I recommend that you check your demographic.

We put it on ourselves and wore it around town. We promoted it hardcore, but Minx didn't work for us. We finally removed it from our menu of services because it literally collected dust on our shelves. We jumped on the trend but our demographic is primarily middle aged professional women. They didn't buy into it.

Yes i completely agree with this also. Alot of treatments depend alot on the area you live

Latest posts

Back