Minx lamp question

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

effie

Reaction score
Morning all, yesterday i was posting as i'm unsure what gel polish system to invest and today im still non the wiser :confused: but now im unsure if to pay out for the minx lamp or to get a cheaper lamp while im starting out?
So far i have only cover minx lightly on my course and tried it out on myself but i do want to further my training with SS

which lamp do you use for your minx?
is it worth me investing in the minx lamp while still learning?

Why don't you get the maxi minx package hunny?
You get your lamp included in that aswell as crystal file and 5 sets of minx and some minx badges.
There is the new maxi minx package that's abit more expensive but that's because it has the new black lamp instead of the white one.
I'd out the prices up but where not allowed, it's all on the sweet squared website though hun.
Hope that helps sweetie x

Ive just seen the package that your talking about as placing order for other bits so will look more into it. Thanks for advice

If you check the search bar there are loads of threads about the minx lamp....i've been looking at them myself.

The general consensus seems to be that the new black lamp is fantastic, but if you can't afford it then you could buy the much cheaper medisana lamp online until you've got the money saved up. Most people find the white minx lamp is quite big and heavy, so ok if you have the room within a salon, but not great for smaller spaces or mobile.

HTH xx

Morning all, yesterday i was posting as i'm unsure what gel polish system to invest and today im still non the wiser :confused: but now im unsure if to pay out for the minx lamp or to get a cheaper lamp while im starting out?
So far i have only cover minx lightly on my course and tried it out on myself but i do want to further my training with SS

which lamp do you use for your minx?
is it worth me investing in the minx lamp while still learning?

Hi
I brought the medisana lamp as i did not want to spend the amount of money on the black Minx one as I did not have any clients and did not know if it was going to be a waste of money or not.
If I get more clients for Minx, I probably will spend the extra money, but for now the medisana lamp has been fine. This is where I got mine from incase you wanted to look. There are also a lot of posts on here about Minx lamps
Medisana Infrared Therapeutic Lamp | Pain Relief & First Aid | Health & Wellbeing | Peak Nutrition

Start as you mean to go on with the Minx lamp. Having tha adjustable heat control is a god send when doing Minx and a cheap lamp will not have that or any other safety features.

You can do serious damage with infrared lamps and you need all the safety features when working with the public PLUS the whole kit n ka boodle looks totally professional as it should do and as you should want to do.

I believe the Minx training is certified with S2 now, so you will need to use a recognised Minx lamp to do this anyway. No point in paying out twice really, but I understand where you are coming from.
As said before, there are different kits available on S2 depending on which lamp you choose. I would personally go with the newer black lamp.

I went for the minx mega kit ( think that was what it was called) had a little play this morning and now sporting silver toe nails

Ooo pic please :)

There not perfect but here you go

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1335027731.178726.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1335027731.178726.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 192
And for some reason my feet look super ugly and big in the pic lol :0/

No they don't look ugly but very few feet could be classed as pretty. Lol. Minx helps though! :D

I have really long toes I'm sure If they we're shorter I would be a shoe size smaller, and some shoes look so much nicer smaller lol

they look fab,
so is there any difference between the white and black minx lamp features weight etc???

they look fab,
so is there any difference between the white and black minx lamp features weight etc???
Anyone at sweet squared will be happy to tell you the differences. 08452106060

Latest posts

Back