Minx layers seperating??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xxclairexx

Reaction score
Hi, I was wondering if anyone else had experienced this and if anyone knows what causes it.

Occationaly on some clients mostly the metalics, after a couple of weeks you get a layer of clear seperate from the minx and then the metalic starts to wear thin, I have been doing minx quite a while and this did happen when it wasn't so hot as well as now so I don't think it is a heat issue, but I'm not sure.

They generally last 6 weeks or more but if this layer comes away then they do not last much longer. Most of my clients are open toe at all times so I don't think its a rubbing issue, it happened to mine and I only wear open toe or bare foot so I'm a little baffled..

Any thoughts on how to stop this?

Thanx. Claire x :)

It happens to me more on the toes after about 6 weeks also.
I put it down to shoes. But then I wear the same sort of shoes in the first few weeks and it doesn't happen. Maybe it's just where they are getting worn out.
I peeled the top clear bit off and 2 days after they went all faded and i had to take them off.
xxx

after a couple of weeks you get a layer of clear seperate from the minx

Yup, I've also experienced this. Last time it happened I had been walking around in the woods for hours,
so I'm thinking maybe my shoes/friction caused it?

I tend to get this when my Minx have been on for ages so my nails are longer,so I also think it's a rubbing/wearing issue. Everything has a lifespan!

Maybe its a friction thing tho I don't know about on me as I only wear flip flops, but after two weeks I was a little dissapointed, I don't know, well least its not just me. thanks for the replies. Claire x

Whilst I was experiementing at first I put a clear topcoat on and this caused the separation.

Latest posts

Back