Minx Nails - ideas on prices please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smurfette

Reaction score
Hi there everyone,

I am soon to go on my Minx training, but was wondering if any of you who already do this, have any ideas on pricing.

I am home based and was going to offer this treatment to start with at model prices just to get my times down then as I get quicker increase my prices.

I was just wondering how much to charge, what would be a good place to start, as I have some people interested in being my model so to speak.

Many thanks in advance:)

i charge 25 for patterns and 20 for plain that includes a file of their nails, if they have it in with there manicure i charge an extra 12.50 for pattern and 9.50 for plain and for just a single nail i charge 2 xx

Many thanks for getting back to me and giving me some advice!!

I have just been reading up on other peoples threads on Minx as well as other treatments to view their opinions on model prices etc too.

It is interesting how people breakdown their prices. I shall have a long think later, and start to agree on prices!

Many thanks again!! xx

Hi, Im pretty new to minx myself, I started offering it last month and it has really taken off!! I offer it in salon and at home, Just a tip, If you know any hairdressers they are a great advertising tool!
My best friend is a hair dresser and has sent 10 clients my way for minx in a week!
Also, I agree with the previous comment from 3 wishes, I charge around the same.
Remember when you price that a strip of minx has 18 nail/toe coverings so not enough for 2 sets out of a strip.

Good luck and enjoy your minx!!
x

I can get two sets out of a strip, sometimes even three on toes. I did my niece and her friend the other day and did her friends toes in three stickers. It can be done if you choose to. Its also a great way of using up your spares foe childrens pamper parties.

Just remember that Minx is a 'Premium' product. :) Its unlikely, unless you are super talented, you would be able to get the finish/look of minx by hand..not to mention the time it would take:eek:

You have the cost of the minx, plus vat, plus a minimum amount for your 'prep' products, plus your time to apply...not forgetting any overheads you might have.

Whilst you may be able to get more than one set out of a sheet, you should really cost the price of a whole sheet into each treatment. You may not be able to use that sheet again, for various reasons...or it could be sitting in 'stock' for a while till you can use it again.

Stoney has given some great advice!

I charge £20 for minx on fingers and £25 for minx on toes

xx

Just remember that Minx is a 'Premium' product. :) Its unlikely, unless you are super talented, you would be able to get the finish/look of minx by hand..not to mention the time it would take:eek:

Many thanks for your advice here, I can imagine myself getting frustrated with trying to get it perfect lol!

Thank you all for your advice!! It is great to get some support and some super advice!!! :)

I have ordered my kit in advance of training as I am soooo impatient, and hope to have a little play before my training date and get to grips with it - hopefully I can then go there armed with questions to any problems I may have!

xx

Hi there everyone,

I am soon to go on my Minx training, but was wondering if any of you who already do this, have any ideas on pricing.
I am home based and was going to offer this treatment to start with at model prices just to get my times down then as I get quicker increase my prices.
I was just wondering how much to charge, what would be a good place to start, as I have some people interested in being my model so to speak.

Hi, I notice you live in Hampshire,as do I (which part?) I have wanted my nails Minx'ed for a long time but don't know anyone in the area.
When you decide on a price could you let me know,.
Many Thanks

Hello
I charge £25 for fingers or toes
People really get their monies worth on their toes because it lasts so well.
Hope you enjoy Minxing. I love doing it just because they are soooo pretty :smack: Mel

I too like the designs of Minx, as it is different from standard polish, and as I am only new to Acrylic too Minx is the next best thing for me as I am so far away from doing all of that fancy Acrylic Nail Art stuff you guys are so good at - Minx is a great idea whilst I keep on practicing with my Acrylic!

I am based down near Southampton, don't have many friends down this way to practice on as I used to live in Herts, so my Acrylic is taking me a while to get to grips with, but now the sun is starting to pop out, so is my desire to master it this year! :lol:

Im sure I am going to enjoy Minxing very soon, and cannot wait to buy more designs and colours!!

x

Latest posts

Back