Minx nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JulieJ

Reaction score
Are minx nails a good selling treatment please? Is it worth offering? How much do you charge? thanks x

Not had 1 paying customer despite wearing them myself, & using my best friends toes as an advert... Putting pictures on FB, website etc :( xx

Only ever done it one person and she comes once a year to have it done.

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek app

Minx has not been good for me. I've done the course which was fab! My clients just aren't interested.

I've only had one client for Minx.

Time to give it another big push...see if I can get some more interest. Maybe for Christmas xx

Sent from my HTC One X+ using SalonGeek mobile app

I do a lot of minx. We occasionally wear them ourselves, which does help to give them a push, but we have quite a lot of regulars who love them!

I used to regard minx as something i needed to take on but having been shown how to use foils with shellac and being good at nail art, if I were to take on minx I'd see it as an extra more than a necessity.

Was considering booking the course as its not really offered round my area and thought it would be good to have a different service to offer when I start my mobile business but maybe it's not offered for a reason? I will probably invest elsewhere then.

You can just buy them from S2 and see how they go before doing the training!

I have done some, they seem to be more of a toe thing!! Xx

I offer them but hardly do any. I hold a gew designs but I never order unless I have someone booked in and yhen I ssk what design and order it provided I have the time.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

You can use a hair drier!

I think a hairdryer looks so unprofessional and doesnt heat It up any where near as much as a heat lamp would

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

I used to do lots of Minx nails, but it seems to have gone very quiet.
I have the huge poster in the window but not many ask for it even after explaining the treatment.
I won't take it off the treatment list, I only buy stock to order. Ie when someone wants it, I ask for 4 days notice and order that style in, so that I'm not wasting money on product just sitting there. I love it though. It usually goes ok during the summer then again at Christmas.

I think a hairdryer looks so unprofessional and doesnt heat It up any where near as much as a heat lamp would

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

The point being that gives you the opportunity to offer the treatment before you make a costly outlay for a lamp!

Latest posts

Back