Minx on the fingers

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Natural Beauty

Reaction score
Hey,

I am having real trouble with the minx on the finger nails. I know there have been loads of post on thisand i have been reading them and quite a few people are having the same trouble with the free edge lifting but everyone else seems to be saying that they are just not doing fingers and only doing it on the toes.

I dont want to completly cancel out a service when i have loads of people wanting it done. I have 3 people booked to have their fingers done this week for their holidays and im really worried about them lifting at the free edge before they have even got on the plane!!

Any advice. Im preparing and scrub freshing. Not stretching to much. making sure they are smooth and flat at the free edge. Waiting for it to cool.What else could be going wrong? I know i could put a layer or l&p over it but alot of my clients dont want that plus its the extra time.

Any help much appriciated
xx

i'm having the same problem, its lasting ages on my toes but i can only get it to last about 4 days on my fingers then its peeling from the free edge and looking tatty.
would love to hear if anyones figured out a solution to this.
i'm sure i'm doing everything right, i've read the instructions and watched the training video on the website a few times!
it's annoying, i'm only doing general everyday things like typing and taking my purse out of my handbag when they start to peel

The answer to this is posted on the Minx Lovers social group which is where you should all be looking and posting all the gazillions of minx threads!! :lol:

click on community above then select the social groups option and click and then go to the minx social group and join it. Someone is on there every day to answer questions (usually me). I have already answered this question there.

The answer to this is posted on the Minx Lovers social group which is where you should all be looking and posting all the gazillions of minx threads!! :lol:

click on community above then select the social groups option and click and then go to the minx social group and join it. Someone is on there every day to answer questions (usually me). I have already answered this question there.

That was the first place i looked before i posted any thing on here and couldnt find a solution. Forgive me if i could not see an answer it seems alot of people arent finding the answer either.

Please could you add the link to it here as im obviously being blind and cant see it

I read this one before posting on this forum. As mentioned in my original post i do make sure im not over stretching and that im waiting for it to cool and that all edges are smooth.

The nails i have done are not particularly curvey so have not had the issue mentioned in said thread.

I too have tried all the tips on other links etc - my sister has v flat nails and they last fab on her, my friend is the opposite and they lifted after a week - i think its just a case of making sure prep etc is done and then lots of practice - remember aswell that some people are just very hard on their nails which may affect time they last - mine are getting better every time i do them so dont give up on offering them as a service, i charge less for minx on fingers than i do on toes and always advise clients that they dont last as long on fingers, they all still want them for special occasions etc

I put a tiny slick of clear top coat on the edge to help avoid this.
Clients are advised to redo this themselves every couple of days or so to keep them looking as good as poss.

does it depend on how flexible the natural nail is ?

with polish, if you have thick strong nails of your own, it lasts really well with proper prep.
however, if you have flimsy and flexible nails it chips away at the free edge much more rapidly.

so i'm wondering if that is a factor with minx also. i havent had a chance to have a go with minx yet, but i am curious about this effect.

Hi

I too was having problems and in the end just as I was going to give up came up with a really daft idea but it works do the Minx as normal then get a UV gel top coat go over it seal the tip of the nail and cure and quess what it works a treat.

I read this one before posting on this forum. As mentioned in my original post i do make sure im not over stretching and that im waiting for it to cool and that all edges are smooth.

The nails i have done are not particularly curvey so have not had the issue mentioned in said thread.

In that case, perhaps you should post your question in the Minx Social Group. Gigi checks that every day.

Sorry i did not post it there, i just find more people look on this forum rather than on the minx lovers therefore more geeks hints and tips.

With the uv top coat do i need a lamp for it? I may be totally wrong but ive never used it before and am under the impression that a lamp is needed to cure it. Sorry if im completly wrong.

Sorry i did not post it there, i just find more people look on this forum rather than on the minx lovers therefore more geeks hints and tips.

With the uv top coat do i need a lamp for it? I may be totally wrong but ive never used it before and am under the impression that a lamp is needed to cure it. Sorry if im completly wrong.

yes you need a u.v lamp for a u.v gel topcoat.

the uv top coat is a great idea, im gona try that one. x

If you use the uv gel top coat, how would you remove the Minx? x

i think what the poster is sayng is that you literally just coat the free edge, like when you "cap" the edge of your enhancements. so in theory, i think you'd just file the free edge slightly to remove? x

i think what the poster is sayng is that you literally just coat the free edge, like when you "cap" the edge of your enhancements. so in theory, i think you'd just file the free edge slightly to remove? x

oh, thats not how i understood it, i thought she was saying that the whole nail was painted but making sure the free edge was capped.:confused:

sorry I should of been a bit more explicit but yes I just cap the free edge

sorry I should of been a bit more explicit but yes I just cap the free edge

thanks for the explanation.

and the gel stays on o.k ?

yes they stay on better I must admit I am very heavy handed with my own nails I think most nail techs are and the comments that we state to our clients treat nails as jewels not tools well unfortunately that goes a bit out of the window where I'm concerned

Latest posts

Back