Minx or Kooky?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey all... just read through this and thought I would add some comments. Firstly to you Minx Lovers - thank you for all the great comments. I want to discuss HEAT for a second.

The reason that the Fast Followers (other wrap brands) do NOT advertise HEAT is because MINX is patented and the patent is to do with the HEAT. No other company can say 'use heat' as it violates the MINX patent hence suddenly them all saying you don't need heat when before they were all selling hair dryers and many still do but don't advertise it. I notice that many of you still use heat with the Fast Followers too...

As to the the poster commenting on Minx training in Doncaster with all 3 systems... this is not recognized by us and is not an authorized Minx Training Centre. To know where to get authorized MINX education simply call Sweet Squared on 0845 210 6060 and any one of our team will direct you to the nearest Academy near you.

As to toes sizes... the NEW MINX templates are already changed to reflect this... there is no wastage on big toes and there are 20 minx per sheet... a lot OF VALUE - hope this helps!!!:hug:

How long can you get out of a pair of kooky on fingers? And on toes? Thanks

Thanks Mrs Geek I had no idea!

Love this forum

How long can you get out of a pair of kooky on fingers? And on toes? Thanks

Or what is the recommended time if aftercare is followed?

With regards to the Kooky Nail Wraps, they do not need heat because the wraps use an adhesive that uses the very latest technology which does not require the use of a heat lamp or hair dryer.
The Kooky wraps are made by The Beauty Partnership here in the UK.
I get mine from them on 0113 2497025.
With regards to how long they last I have found that they last as long as the Minx. I do however get more nails out of the Kooky.
Hope this helps fellow geeks. :D

With regards to the Kooky Nail Wraps, they do not need heat because the wraps use an adhesive that uses the very latest technology which does not require the use of a heat lamp or hair dryer.
With regards to how long they last I have found that they last as long as the Minx. I do however get more nails out of the Kooky.

So do you literally just use your thumbs to smooth over? Do you need to rub over or smooth over them lots? Do you cut before you file the free edge?
What file grit do you use?

Thanks mrs geek, I can't wait to do my training on Saturday and try my new kit out x

Michael of course you get them from TBP you work for them :olol - Can you please explain your latest technology to us? As I know where yours and other Fast Followers are manufactured, it would be interesting to understand this 'very latest technology'. Look forward to hearing!:idea:;)

PS - Nice to see you on here but if you are going to post... be upfront with who you are and WHO you work for. It's called trolling otherwise!:idea:

Im a bit confused by you saying you dont need heat as the kooky wrap kit includes a small travel hairdryer. I have used kooky and didnt use any heat and they did go on ok and i am about to do my training with kooky next week.

Attachments

• Kooky%20Kit.jpg
    Kooky%20Kit.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 120
I'm confused too!! I bought kooky at the beauty uk show and their main selling point was that you don't need heat, but I noticed a few people have said about a hair dryer in their kit.
Ps I like kooky, but still love my minx! They have lots more designs to choose from and I feel the heat makes them easier to work with. Kooky sometimes loses its stick when you are wanting to use a piece for a couple of nails iykwim?! Don't find this with minx because of the heat. X

I'm confused too!! I bought kooky at the beauty uk show and their main selling point was that you don't need heat, but I noticed a few people have said about a hair dryer in their kit.
Ps I like kooky, but still love my minx! They have lots more designs to choose from and I feel the heat makes them easier to work with. Kooky sometimes loses its stick when you are wanting to use a piece for a couple of nails iykwim?! Don't find this with minx because of the heat. X

I do believe the hairdryer is for removal of kooky. The wrap is warmed slightly and removed from the cuticle to free edge. Don't quote me on that though, I haven't done my training as yet!

Ahh yes thats probably it! The man selling said they didn't need to be heated as they don't shrink back when you stretch them over the nail. X

I'm going to call where I did my training (over a year ago) and see what they say. I've been struggling with that hairdryer all this time for nothing! Lol!

Hi peeps, just putting this question out there again if anyone can help? :)

Do kooky last ok on nail enhancements? had problems with Minx lasting on them before, was wondering what kooky were like :)

To all the kooky lovers, I have just started using these wraps. However I'm finding when I apply them to the nail(especially toes) I can't smooth them out evenly and they look lumpy. Is there a specific way of perhaps applying them more smoothly? Thanks! Xx

To all the kooky lovers, I have just started using these wraps. However I'm finding when I apply them to the nail(especially toes) I can't smooth them out evenly and they look lumpy. Is there a specific way of perhaps applying them more smoothly? Thanks! Xx

From cuticle smoothing downwards. And really rub them downwards. Do not touch the cuticle though. Do thorough cuticle work too. X

Thankyou very much Frankie! I will try this today as I have a client for kooky. =] x

How did your kooky wraps go today?

Latest posts

Back