Minx over tips?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sarah Hartill

Reaction score
Hi i have just been asked to apply tips then put minx over them, has anyone done this before? does it work? i cant imagine it lasting long?

thanks xxx

I had to tip one of my sisters nails for her wedding as it snapped 2 days before the big day & she was going mental about it.

I put a natural tip on and blended it in then applied a thin layer of gel to give it a teeny bit of strength and I put her wraps over that. The wraps stayed on for just over 2 weeks and then the tip and thin gel coating lasted her another 2 weeks before she filled it down & then it lifted off after another week or so.

My sister is a mum of 3 and doesn't usually wear gloves for dishes or cleaning etc... BUT does take care of her nails and always has lovely long strong nails.

I have done this with Minx, and it works great! Prep the nails, apt and blend tips, and then cut out minx with smile lines to apply to the tip of the nail- overlay with Clear Liquid and Powder (does NOT work great with gel).

I have done this with Minx, and it works great! Prep the nails, apt and blend tips, and then cut out minx with smile lines to apply to the tip of the nail- overlay with Clear Liquid and Powder (does NOT work great with gel).

I don't think the OP wants to do any overlay at all just a tip and then Minx.

I did a very thin layer of gel under the Minx over the blended tip as I said above for my sisters 1 broken nail for her wedding but I have not tried a tip and then just Minx.

I put minx on tip under acrylic it was great done it s few times now xx

she wants minx over her nail and tip, no gel or acrylic applied, so it would be prep, app tip and blend, apply minx over whole nail,

i was thinking of applying shellac over this but would it make any difference?
it is what the client has asked for and i have told them it probably wont last very long but they still want it, i just want to know the best way to do it if anyone has any tips?

thanks again xxxx

Latest posts

Back